Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your Ride

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your Ride

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

You live close to several of us. Clone bug is north of you and I am just south of you.

Quite a rig you have there.

Lee
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Thanks! Small world that's for sure:) I've read some of clonebugs work sweet turbo buggy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sfv41901

Post by sfv41901 »

Hey everyone,

My name is Sean. I’m a husband to a gorgeous wife & father to 2 beautiful girls.

I learned how to drive in a bug when I was 13 & have been a fan ever since. My younger brother owned a ‘67 Bug before he passed away 12 years ago & it’s been sitting at my moms ever since. Needless to say I’ve been wanting to rebuild it in his honor.

Being Co-Owner of a shop (HybridPit) in Buena Park will hopefully make it less painful to the wallet with the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Welcome Sean your brother would be proud get that bug back on the road:)

sfv41901

Post by sfv41901 »

V8Nate wrote:Welcome Sean your brother would be proud get that bug back on the road:)

Thx Nate. Looking forward to meeting the SoCal crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayTeeVW

Post by JayTeeVW »

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is JT and I'm 38 from West Tennessee. My father was a long time vw enthusiast and mechanic and I guess I picked it up from him. I've owned every vw imaginable....all in total of about 20 or so to include a Karmann Ghia and a square back and several MK1 and 2 water cooled including a G60 corrado and a GTI with a G60 conversion. Now I'm back to a 1973 VW standard beetle with a 1776cc with a stock German crank, a 110 cam, and a nice set of high flow heads with 40x35.5 valves set up with dual ICT webers. It's a daily/work in progress.
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Welcome JT
Vdubnut

Post by Vdubnut »

Hey everybody. My name is Mike and I’m a VWaholic. It’s been zero days since I worked on my 66 Fastback. This is my 26th VW, and first Aircooler. Learning a lot along the way, I’ve had this car just over a month now (merry Xmas to me). I briefly had a 68 Fastback that had a 73 914 motor in it, but the body was garbage and it was missing the proper title, so I pulled the motor and gave the car back to the PO. He is still letting me pull parts I need off it as it turned quickly into a parts car without the motor. Found this forum looking for ideas for properly fitting the motor to use the T3 bellows and tin, hanging the motor, and getting the old girl running (it was running in the 68 when I bought it).

Well that’s it.
Chgrec

Post by Chgrec »

Hey there. Just a quick introduction of me & my VW. I am doing a full resto-mod* of a 63 type 2 double door that has been a 2 year project so
far with another year or so to go....

Looking forward to checking out this site and all the fun info here.
Chris

*(I am a little afraid to share what the "mod" means as some VW folks seem to get grumpy when I tell them I am making a convertible bus....)
Life's too short to drive a boring car!
My current project: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151094
My last project: https://www.mgexp.com/journal/The-B-And ... lory.3321/
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Whoooof! That is going to be fun to see the build on this. Gotta have lots of pictures of it Chris. Welcome aboard!

Lee
Chgrec

Post by Chgrec »

Thanks....I am shooting for it to look like a single cab at first glance with both a hard top & soft top as well....

The before
TheBus.jpg
The now with the beginnings of the hard top
hard top.jpg
Lots of fun so far
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Yeah! You will have a lot of metal forming ahead but that is a very cool start. Will the pan need to be beefed up since part of the roof is now missing?

Lee
Chgrec

Post by Chgrec »

Yep, lots of metal work on this one. And while I don’t want to hijack this welcome thread, i did tons of reinforcing with 1x1 steel pipe, 2x4 steel and I boxed in the frame sections with 1/4” steel as well...I can jump up and down in the cargo area with the double doors opened and there is no flex. I’ll start a build thread to show what I have done so far...

Chris
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

To jump a head for a second are you aware of Ian Roussel? He has a TV show called "Full Custom Garage" and he started out with VWs and has since opened up to other car stuff (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fu ... &FORM=IGRE)

On the one that looks like a "funky" bus truck there is a couple episodes of it (one hour long) where he reformed a section of metal like you are going to have to do for over the windshield. His shows are now on Motor Trend TV.

Lee
Chgrec

Post by Chgrec »

I love Ian's work..He is a very creative & talented guy. I record his show when ever it is on and even used some of his techniques when I did the convertible header & the rear of the hard top where the original bus top connected to the single cab rear window panel....

*edit: here is the link to my thread where I will post the history of my build so far, if anyone is interested viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151094