Same old stalling issue but fuel injected

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
Zetlan08

Same old stalling issue but fuel injected

Post by Zetlan08 »

I know I know. This stalling issue has had many posts. But to date I can't put a finger on what is the cause of my 79 2ltr injected kombi stalling. Checked and tightened all vacuum hoses an thought I had it fixed. Before this it was running well with throttle (sometimes the little drop out on freeway) then get to lights and stops. Seemed to be running well for a couple of weeks then took it up a long step hill and stalled at the top. Since then it has been stalling at least once every other day. It is a daily driver and always use premium fuel. Took it to local vw mech twice now and runs well for a day or two and then starts all over again. Most posts seem to speak alot about carbs and potential probs. but can't really find much on FI and
Wondering if there could be a problem there?!?!?!
Any help or suggestions is much appreciated as I love my ride and it's starting to take my smile away when I drive it.

Thanks in advance
david58

Re: Same old stalling issue but fuel injected

Post by david58 »

Sooooooooo does it start right back up and run OK? If not how long does it take before it starts back up?
Zetlan08

Re: Same old stalling issue but fuel injected

Post by Zetlan08 »

Sorry, your meassage didn't show until today for some reason.
Kombi has been back to the shop again and they have found a crack in the diaphragm for the brake booster. They say this should fix the issue no problem. Will find out next week.
Thanks