Newbie Introduction

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
ddsbuggy

Newbie Introduction

Post by ddsbuggy »

Good Morning all,

I am obviously a newbie here at stf. I have been into off road riding most of my life. Motorcycles, quads and UTV etc. Over the last few years, I have moved to a vw powered (1835 turbo) machine. Many great Ideas an designs for buggy builds have been found on this forum. I really enjoy the content on here and I am sure that I will have some questions especially when I convert from beam to a -arm as well as other mods that I plan to do over time. Have a great day !

8) DDsbuggy
Bob Brugge

Re: Newbie Introduction

Post by Bob Brugge »

Bummer there isn't more here...
I am Bob, I am a VW nut...AA response "Hi Bob"
I have a 1970 vw bug sedan, 1641 soon to be transplanted with a 1679, hopefully this spring/summer when my hours at work pick up and I can afford the remaining $300 or so in parts I need. 1641 is just a stock sp with 87 P&C's while the 1679 is a dp motor with a cw 69mm crank, and thick wall 88's. It will have dual Weber ict's on it, 009 dizzy, lightened flywheel for faster spin up and stock rockers unless I can get a definitive answer that something bigger will work better. Just a street engine for my DD is all I am after. Something a little more fun than a stocker.
My other bug is a baja that has been chopped up, had fiberglass parts added to it, lifted and lightened that I want to lower, put full size fenders on it and race the crap out of it on the local 1/8 mile circuit. I have a few motors lying around that I intend to build that are posted about at the end of Scott The Vikings incredibly long post about everything you need to know about turbo's, which led to more Questions than Answers.
So thats me and what I am about for now. I am going back to lurking now.
AS SEEN ON TV!
Bob Brugge

Re: Newbie Introduction

Post by Bob Brugge »

Bob Brugge wrote:Bummer there isn't more here...
I am Bob, I am a VW nut...AA response "Hi Bob"
I have a 1970 vw bug sedan, 1641 soon to be transplanted with a 1679, hopefully this spring/summer when my hours at work pick up and I can afford the remaining $300 or so in parts I need. 1641 is just a stock sp with 87 P&C's while the 1679 is a dp motor with a cw 69mm crank, and thick wall 88's. It will have dual Weber ict's on it, 009 dizzy, lightened flywheel for faster spin up and stock rockers unless I can get a definitive answer that something bigger will work better. Just a street engine for my DD is all I am after. Something a little more fun than a stocker.
My other bug is a baja that has been chopped up, had fiberglass parts added to it, lifted and lightened that I want to lower, put full size fenders on it and race the crap out of it on the local 1/8 mile circuit. I have a few motors lying around that I intend to build that are posted about at the end of Scott The Vikings incredibly long post about everything you need to know about turbo's, which led to more Questions than Answers.
So thats me and what I am about for now. I am going back to lurking now.
oops crap, I think I posted this in the wrong area, let me start again...
AS SEEN ON TV!