New to VW and STF

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
TOOF

New to VW and STF

Post by TOOF »

Howdy!

A few weeks ago I told my wife I was going to get some groceries and then came back with a truck and trailer full of parts and two 1970 beetle chassis's with a body that more or less has a baja conversion-ish.

The metal on chassis "A" is good but the suspensions components are old and worn with little evidence of maintenance. Chassis "B" looks like it was sitting in a salt water bath but it had a couple of new tie rods and the trailing arm bushings were new.

I decided to take everything off of B and put it on A and thats were I am right now. Slowly breaking stuff and adding to my list of parts to buy.

My plan is to build a baja bug this summer and then next summer set t up as a 5/1600 sportsman (meaning NOT pro).
I'm still figuring out what parts I have and what I don't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TOOF

Re: New to VW and STF

Post by TOOF »

Got the body off, wasn't even bolted down.... wish I know that before I towed it 100 miles. Seriously the only thing keeping the body on was the two bolts at the steering coupler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Was she surprised and pleased or is you sitter pretty well gnawed :shock: .

Welcome to STF and it sounds like you will fit in quite nicely.

Lee
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

All I can say is, Good Job. Much fun awaits you.

Mike T
5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

Always easier to ask for Forgiveness than it is for Permission
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

5.0 Chero wrote:Always easier to ask for Forgiveness than it is for Permission
You must be very young! :twisted:

I've had over 100 cars and most of them were obtained similar to this one and forgiveness was never given even after i got rid of them in consiliation. Long time memories is the norm so protect your wedding tackle. :lol:
5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:
5.0 Chero wrote:Always easier to ask for Forgiveness than it is for Permission
You must be very young! :twisted:

I've had over 100 cars and most of them were obtained similar to this one and forgiveness was never given even after i got rid of them in consiliation. Long time memories is the norm so protect your wedding tackle. :lol:
54 years young and 34 years married to same woman we have ad close to the same total amount of cars with 14 being the most at one time she only knew about 1 of them ahead of time we fought about it and weer both pissed off for a couple of weeks. Most of the rest she would get pissed for a couple of days ad it would be over because i was not pissed and did not fight bask....after a while she just gave up
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

If she truly gave up then you have a very good wife. :wink:

So, what's the plan for the new car(s); stock/resto., Baja, race, Auto-X?