Whats up..I'm AJ.. from the bay area (cali).. new here.. is it vw only or all German cars??

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
bug&kadettfan510

Whats up..I'm AJ.. from the bay area (cali).. new here.. is it vw only or all German cars??

Post by bug&kadettfan510 »

Hi how's it going... been a vw fan all my life..have a 65 rat style bug(been a baja most of the time) and recently started building a 1969 opel kadett b(gonna swap a different motor into it soon) and installed a home built draw thru turbo set up on my bug(still working the kinks out..runs tho).. any info or tips on tuning a turbo 1600 would be much appreciated.. My bugs pretty much scrap parts build.. got it for 400 like 10 years ago and turned it into a baja... now I'm gonna set it up more as a rat bug for the street..well I'm looking forward to talking shop with you guys. Heres a few pics of my german ladys.. hope everyone is having a cool day.. hey what's the pic file size limit here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc

Re: Whats up..I'm AJ.. from the bay area (cali).. new here.. is it vw only or all German cars??

Post by Marc »

If you've got a remote picture-hosting site such as Photobucket you can put the pics there and link to them (that'll save some storage space on Doc's server). Last time I did some testing the file size wasn't the issue, but it's good to resize to 800x600 pixels or less to ensure they'll fit on the page without having to scroll around to view them.

Are those 35PDSIT Solexes on the Opel? When you repower it hang onto those, they bolt to stock `66 (SP) or `67 (DP) Type 3 manifolds and work well on a smallish VW.
bug&kadettfan510

Re: Whats up..I'm AJ.. from the bay area (cali).. new here.. is it vw only or all German cars??

Oh ok.. thanks... there solexes, but not sure what ones.. I'm about to work on it so I'll let u know.. so is it all good to post about opels here aswell?? We also hAve a 61/62 vw baja rag top(my dad's had it for 30+ years).. it's pretty clean.. no rims,tire,tranny or motor right now tho.. it's set up for a 215 Olds aluminum v8 ... we have 3 complete 215 and everything to build 1 more..
Marc

Post by Marc »

Well, the Kadett is German ;) ...but so's a Rabbit, and interest in those is rather limited here. Most non-ACVW discussion goes on in the Conversion Perversions room but there's usually some sort of linkage to Volkswagens.

Do you have the trans adapter & flywheel for the Olds?
bug&kadettfan510

Oh ok.. thanks for the info... I had never even hear of a kadett b till a few months ago.. it's a trip that they were sold by buick.. traded a crx shell (no motor or tranny) for mine.. and yes I hAve everything to do two 215 swaps.. hey can u please send me a link on dialing in a turbo 1600.. have a weber progressive as a carb on the draw thru setup.. any info would be appreciated.. turbo newbie. . Interesting turbo fact is that the 215 was one of the first production motors to come with a turbo setup on it..
Marc

Post by Marc »

bug&kadettfan510 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:20 pm ...can u please send me a link on dialing in a turbo 1600.. have a weber progressive as a carb on the draw thru setup...
Suggest you take that question to the Forced Induction forum; provide as much info as you can to reduce the Q&As needed to zero in on the answer. viewforum.php?f=3