new motor

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
rowdyrob

new motor

Post by rowdyrob »

I have built a 1968cc motor and i'm having a problem when I start it after a while the idle fluctuates and I can't sync them as I have dual 40 s on my motor any suggestions will b e helpful antitank in advance!
V8Nate

Re: new motor

Post by V8Nate »

I would say make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks, insure your timing and valves are properly set. Fully disconnect your linkage, sync your carbs with the motor hot the hook your linkage up and adjust it so it is even on both carbs. Do you have a center pull linkage or hex bar/berg linkage?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rowdyrob

Post by rowdyrob »

I will try to look for leaks and try to sync carbs as you say and I don’t know what linkage I have as I’m new to bed .. thanks for your advice
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Is there a bar that goes from carb to carb above the generator/alternator or is the linkage below
rowdyrob

Post by rowdyrob »

Yes there is a bar that goes from car to carb .
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Above or below alternator
rowdyrob

Post by rowdyrob »

Above the alternator
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Ok sounds like you have a hex bar or gene berg style linkage which respond to the expansion of our air cooled motors better then center pull style. Go thru the basics like I stated earlier and you should be a happy camper there is alot more to tuning if you want them perfect but that should get you in the right direction