Driver side window - 1971 411 LE 2-door wagon

Discuss with fans and owners of the most luxurious aircooled sedan/wagon that VW ever made, the VW 411/412. Official forum of Tom's Type 4 Corner.
411NUT

Driver side window - 1971 411 LE 2-door wagon

Post by 411NUT »

Someone in my neighborhood likes to take potshots at Old Blue Eyes and has been at it again! :( The BB impact site is a neat little round hole and the entire window is cracked into a few hundred pieces (minimum!). The window is still in place but as soon as I close the door with any force, the pieces will be all over the driver's seat and floor! Did this once before with the driver's and the next window on the left side!

I'm posting here and also in the Classified section - Parts Wanted. Also got it into the 411FRUM techo Forum before finding my way back over here, where I usually post.

If anyone has a window or knows who does, please let me know.
raygreenwood

Re: Driver side window - 1971 411 LE 2-door wagon

Post by raygreenwood »

Did you find a window?
Ray
411NUT

Re: Driver side window - 1971 411 LE 2-door wagon

Post by 411NUT »

Hi, Ray

Yeah - found a window but it's about 400 miles away and is a pick-up only. Got some friends close and some others driving over there soon and then back to LA, so am waiting for things to develop and meanwhile, keep looking for something closer to home. The last one was shipped from Oklahoma and got here OK. How's your project going? Are your posts here up-to-date?