Karman Sutra

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
Fiatdude

Re: Karman Sutra

Post by Fiatdude »

Decided today was the day to head down to Woodland Hills for Supercar Sunday. Loaded up the Ghia on the trailer and set the alarm for 5am and drove the 92 miles down there for the event.... Unloaded the Ghia and drove to the event getting there at 7:30 and there was only about 50 cars there and I was pretty disappointed. Found a spot near a bunch a ricers and started checking out the rides in the lot.... Man, about 8 am the cars started coming in and by 8:30 there were over 500 cars spilling all around the nearby lots.... Every different type was there!!! a few air cools with a really patina-ed 58 low light ghia parking near me.... and suddenly at 9:30 it was over and everybody was leaving. That's when I found all the other cars parked at the outer lots that I hadn't even seen ...... Good time, long ways to go for such a short event though.....

The Ghia parked in the middle of the action.....

LennyFunnels

Post by LennyFunnels »

Man, those are some amazing collection of rides!

Post by Fiatdude »

Took the long way around a cul-de-sac recently

https://youtu.be/Z59LrK6NY5U
Bad Bob

Post by Bad Bob »

Fun! Congratulations on your escape from the I.E. also.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Thought I'd give you a warning that the end of the world is coming soon!!!!!!!

This Died in the wool Ford Dude bought a Chevy Truck today...……………………………………..

Thought I'd let that sink in a few moments..... It must be the end of time LOL..

I've been looking for a good/nice used 4x4 truck for a few months now and today the wife wanted to go to an estate sale down in West Branson.... So I took her, and lo and behold, here was this CHEVY truck for sale as part of the estate... It's a 2011, always garaged Z71 Silverado with,,, get this,,, 27K miles on it... The price was right so I kicked a few moths out of the wallet and bought it.... too many scratches on the bed, but I'll make do..... LOL

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Went to the Eureka Springs AR VW Show on 8-25-18 -- What a Day!!!!

Yep, First thing Saturday Morning as I was trying to back The Ghia into a spot and a "lady" rolled up on me. The drivers door is creased in 2 spots, so I'm calling it FUBAR'd…. I think most of the show had heard about the accident by 9am and lots of people came by and checked out the damage and told me how it sucked ……. LOL

It just wasn't my day at show.. Later in the day, I was sitting in a directors style folding chair on the knoll at the top of the parking lot watching all the cars returning from the parade around town, when the ground started to collapse under the chair (had a lot of rain the day before) and I did a slow motion fall over backwards.... It was so slow I had time to think about reaching over and grabbing the guy's chair next to me.... But he was sitting in a similar chair and was in his 70's, and I thought, Oh Chit, I'll probably drag him over too.... So I just tucked everything in and let gravity take over and splatted onto the ground. But luckily it had rained and the grass and ground were soft(er) and the only injuries I received was some more brain damage and a wounding to my pride...…..

I did win a 2nd place trophy for something LOL ….

The Award:

The DAMAGE: Chit picture -- doesn't show where the paint is split in 2 places

petew

Post by petew »

😡 I hope she's paying for the damage.
DORIGTT

Post by DORIGTT »

And the Grand Prize for not strangling someone who needed it goes to ....
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Well, in the end, and since it was on private property I didn't get squat from her.....
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Opps,, I missed putting this post on here from last month:::::::::::::::

Went out and did some Auto-X at Neosho Mo -- Great group of guys from Ozark Z's and they put on a great event!!!

Was airing up my tires and just glanced at the dates on my tires.... They're freaking 8 years old. Damn!!! Spent the whole day short shifting and trying to stay off boost.... The second it would come on boost the back end would just crawl out from under me.... Loads of fun, like being on a slick track, My old butt wasn't up for the challenge LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3wY33 ... e=youtu.be
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

My first winter in Missouri.... Learning experience has started. Winterized the Barn, the Shop, the cars..... Last weekend was the last car show, track day and get together for the year, so I guess it's time to put the Ghia to bed for the winter (especially since it is suppose to be 17 degrees here in the next couple of days and snowing). And start the Mods I've got planned for her... The shop is done and ready for the big move.

petew

Post by petew »

NOICE barn! :)
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Thanks,,, That is what I'm calling my shop - -- The barn is my big building

It's so big that I can't afford to even try to heat it. Can't even afford to even fill it up with toys LOL
Had the Ghia stored in there on the trailer for a while .. almost looks lonely except for my million dollar lawn mower.... The things you buy when you've got 5 acres of grass to mow.... LOL

V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

I could live with that:)
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

I'm trying