Wiring Diagram

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
dustrat

Wiring Diagram

Post by dustrat »

Got a problem with fuse box so decided to change for blade type fuse box which because of size have had to relocate.My Ghia is a 73 RHD which was sent direct from factory to Japan and I have imported to UK, which has a 12 fuse,fuse box.I got a wiring diagram for year but wiring is totally different.I am about to start wiring as per diagram but if anyone has a coloured diagram for my model would be grateful for copy. :idea:
Robert .
:D
Marc

Re: Wiring Diagram

Post by Marc »

http://www.vintagebus.com/ has the colored diagrams from the earlier printings of the Bentley manuals.
Don't think there's anything there specific to the RHD car, but there is a "Non-USA" `73 'Ghia current-track diagram.

It's usually easier to use a `72 semi-pictorial diagram to start with, then check it against the correct current-track one. I don't see a "Non-USA" `72 'Ghia diagram at vintagebus - but the tactic should still work using the USA version, you just may find more discrepancies when checking against the `73 Non-USA current-track diagram.
dustrat

Post by dustrat »

Hi Marc, thanks for reply . I've tried going going onto the vintage bus site and then select wiring diagrams but get a blank page. Going to carry on with my multimeter continuity checker and sort things out as I want to get to a VW show this weekend !!!
Robert
dustrat

Post by dustrat »

Hi Marc, I've searched all over including the diagrams that you enclosed but can't find one that is the same as mine. I've got fuse box out and number on fuse box is 111.937.505P. On my fuse box 1 and 2 are not joined 3 and 4 are joined as are 5 and 6, 7 is separate, 8 and 9 are joined,10 is separate and 11 and 12 are joined. My Ghia chassis no. 143.2.542.394 was produced on 12th March 1973 and delivered to Japan 23 rd March 1973.I have spoken to various VW outlets and they can-not find the fuse box that I need. If you can still help would be appriciated. Robert
Marc

Post by Marc »

Here's the 111 937 505M which was used on US-market `72-`74 Ghia and `73-`77 Standard Beetle, might you be able to make it work?

http://www.smallcarconnection.com/produ ... 7-505m.htm
dustrat

Post by dustrat »

Thanks Mark. It's not so much the fuse box I am after as I have bought a 12 Blade fuse box which I can configure to the same as the one that came off, its a wiring diagram so I can put the wires on correctly. I do appriciate your help.
Robert. Off to bed now so will catch with reply tomorrow
Marc

Post by Marc »

My point is that the M fusebox is the one that goes with the `73-up US-market diagrams, and appears to have the same fuse arrangement as your P....therefore the diagrams I linked should apply, at least closely enough for your purposes.