Stainless steel over riders

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
dustrat

Stainless steel over riders

Post by dustrat »

I bought some stainless steel bumbers from Harrisons for my 73 Ghia and am very happy with them but would like to get some SS over riders. I can get chrome one's but they stand out by being to bright . Any one know where I get SS ones ? :idea:
Robert
Piledriver

Re: Stainless steel over riders

Post by Piledriver »

Harrington etc all sell the same bumpers from Vietnam, the ones you have sound like you got the "blade" style.
Your bets bet is contacting Harringtons and see if they'll swap for the US spec setup, although I'm not sure they have early bumpers that directly bolt on a late car. (looks like you already dealt with that)
They might also have the towel bars from a returned set etc.

Hmmm I wonder if the T3 Ghia bumpers will fit a squareback...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
dustrat

Post by dustrat »

Sorry for my mistake ,I got them from Harrington's My Ghia has square type bars and they do not supply over riders for these bars. Was going to put picture of my Ghia on this reply but dont know how to reduce it from photobucket to 800 pixels wide. :oops: :lol:
Robert
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Ah, so the late style 5 MPH bumpers.

Best bet (if you really want overriders) might be a stock set powder coated black.
If you can't match it, contrast it.

Most phones/cameras have a way to save smaller pictures.
I use the GIMP for photo cropping and resizing (and enhancement) , its Free and also available for Windows.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

dustrat wrote:Sorry for my mistake ,I got them from Harrington's My Ghia has square type bars and they do not supply over riders for these bars. Was going to put picture of my Ghia on this reply but dont know how to reduce it from photobucket to 800 pixels wide. :oops: :lol:
Robert
Robert, it is easy to do on Photobucket. Once you upload the picture move your cursor to the upper left corner of the picture you want to edit and look for the black box to appear. Look for the "Edit" line, click it and have fun doing a lot of things. I pre-edit my pictures before I upload as I usually want to fix some areas as most of the pix are taken in the garage with uneven lighting.

Lee