Ghia Fuel Gauge

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
Mitchell

Ghia Fuel Gauge

Post by Mitchell »

I have a couple of question regarding a 1973 Ghia convertible. On the nose of the Ghia there are two opening to mount the Badge. Above where the badge mounts is another opening. Would anyone be able to tell me what this opening is for?
My other question is about the fuel pump vibrator. Did the 73 Ghia have one? There does not appear to be a mounting post on the rear of the instrument/clock. A friend of mine has a 74 Ghia and there is a mounting post for the Fuel Gauge vibrator. I have not been able to locate one through any of the suppliers I use. No one in my area seems to know if the 73 had a fuel gauge vibrator or not.

I hope the pictures are good enough.

Thanks,
Mitchell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FJCamper

Re: Ghia Fuel Gauge

Post by FJCamper »

Hi Mitchell

Check your PM.

FJC
Marc

Post by Marc »

Most `73 'Ghias have a balance-coil gauge but at VIN 1432621518 they were changed to the thermal type. All `74s use the thermal.

http://www.speedyjim.net/htm/fuel_ga.htm
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the link and tested the gauge according to the instructions. The gauge blips, but does not go to full. I have more trouble shooting to do. Need to make sure the gauge is secure. I have never used the gauge as the Ghia was not running when I purchased it. From the information from Marc and FJ I don not believe there was a vibrator for this Ghia.
Thanks,Mitchell