CENTERMOUNT FAN SHROUD DUCTING INSERT

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
FJCamper

Re: CENTERMOUNT FAN SHROUD DUCTING INSERT

Post by FJCamper »

Gentlemen,

I have requested costs from the mfg weeks ago. He has been on extended Dec holiday vacation, but I expect him back this coming week.

I like the center-mount fan housing so well I'm keeping one on our vintage road racing Ghia.

FJC
JiI

Post by JiI »

What's this Christmas vacation stuff? WORK PEOPLE!!!!! :)
FJCamper

Post by FJCamper »

OK--

The centermount insert will go for $150 USD.

We are working on a 36HP style housing, in aluminum, that is an entire replacement for the Type 1 housing, using the center-mount ducting (modified) inside. No price on it yet.

FJC
JiI

Post by JiI »

If you can make it look just like this
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh26 ... jbnd9w.jpg
I'm in!
Jeff
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

JiI, that looks awesome! I want to do something very much like that...only, with a T4

H2OSB
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

Mr Camper, I love the purposeful look of the center mount FS, however, since I'm doing an upright conversion of a T4, I will hold out for 36hp doghouse. I MIGHT be willing to try the center mount, but I'm gonna need to do a bit of research first. Thank you for this effort, however.

H2OSB
JiI

Post by JiI »

H2OSB wrote:JiI, that looks awesome! I want to do something very much like that...only, with a T4

H2OSB
That is what was posted back on Dec 7th by FJCamper.
Jeff
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

Heh, yeah I just read through the entire thread. Reading is my friend, only, I need to do it sooner rather than later. I also saw posts by Piledriver where he asked about this insert relative to the Saco T4 upright conversion center mount. That's kinda the way I want to go, but I wouldn't be opposed to, say, the CSP conversion pieces with a CBPerf center mount FH, if it will work.

H2OSB
Ukhozi

Post by Ukhozi »

OK, enough already, I have been following this thread since day one that's TWO YEARS already and my alloy centre mount has ben screaming out for an insert, I would love to order one subject to the price being planet side and my 1641cc T2 engine with dual DellOrtos DRHL 40s is running and the car is nearing completion but I live in a warm climate and the better the cooling the better it is, I also have a fan assisted Dynaflow oil cooler from a NASCA engine that keeps the oil temp down too.

So when can we expect some prices and delivery dates please?

H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

He posted the price above. $150 for the center mount insert.

H2OSB
Ukhozi

Post by Ukhozi »

H2OSB wrote:He posted the price above. $150 for the center mount insert.

H2OSB
Inc, tax etc. or nett?
FJCamper

Post by FJCamper »

Gentlemen,

To get some centermount inserts out to those who need them, it's $150 ea. plus shipping, no tax. At the moment, an official website, etc., is being set up, but until then, they can be personal friend-to-friend sales.

Anybody interested, PM me, and I'll get your shipping charges figured. I'm trying to get Paypal set up for this, but until we do it'll be check or money order.

FJC
JiI

Post by JiI »

Where do we get the center mount shrouds to go with the insert? Does anyone have a template to make one?
FJCamper

Post by FJCamper »

JiI,

Commercial center-mount aluminum shrouds:

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1995.htm

Of course, unducted, all the hollow housing does is create a conflicting windstorm in it. I'm embarrassed they sell such a thing and praise it. But duct it, and you have something.

We are making aluminum 36hp style fan housings, with our own ducting. Our CnC shop has a 36hp fan housing now to model from. It will fit Type 4's as well as Type 1's.

FJC
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Figure out how to stamp out T4 conversion tin for a sane price...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.