Barber LeMons Feb 2017 Video

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
FJCamper

Barber LeMons Feb 2017 Video

Post by FJCamper »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yswUBOqW3Ls&t=68s

If the video starts already ten seconds in, just scroll back to the start or you'll miss the orange Bug

This 7-minute video is not so much about our drivers as to what the Blitzwagen is capable.

And this is not cherry-picked footage. It's typical. I chose it because it has a great sequence on the Super Bug with the 250 Mazda V6 engine trying to stay ahead of us.

We broke due to a spun axle, leading our class.

FJC
66brm

Re: Barber LeMons Feb 2017 Video

Post by 66brm »

Please tell me you have that music playing in the car whilst racing, classic, they need to start televising the races, so much better than f1
4agedub

Post by 4agedub »

That music :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your car seems very predictable and handles well, all you need is a little more hp. :wink:

Looking at the other cars racing with you :? Theres a couple of real shitboxes!!!
VW Beetle 1303 EJ20T Subarugears Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 2332cc 200hp N/A Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 1969 2666cc Turbo Road Toy
fezzic181

Post by fezzic181 »

Heh I found myself singing that tune when I was driving at hour 23 in a Lemons race. It just seems fitting when you get that second wind and are just blasting by drivers that are clearly slow from driver fatigue.
FJCamper

Post by FJCamper »

You may know the definition of an intellectual is one who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of the Lone Ranger.

I'm really glad everyone likes the music. Old Wm. Tell would be flattered.

And as to 4Age's observation about LeMons letting some dogs out on the track, that was their original plan and intention. $500 cars. A bumper car race of rolling wrecks with one wheel in the junkyard. Coming from multiple national championships with Porsche factory support (or as I call it now, cars we had to wax) to Chump and LeMons, I was astounded, confused, and wierded-out by the condition and comedy of the cars and drivers.

But then as I saw more Bimmers, Corvette-V8 Cameros, big Benzes (etc) in the mix ($500 my ass) it struck my competitive cord and well, here we are.

I could pull another 50hp out of the Blitzwagen's 2.2 engine, but I'd need a new one every 14-hr race.

FJC