im putting discs all around my bug what master should i use?

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
mlski67

Post by mlski67 »

well i adjusted the pushrod out about two turns and the breaks work fine now! 6 months of headach 5 min. of work lol . i might put a 2ilb residual valve in there is a bit of pedal travel but i can live with it they get you stoped better the drums by far .. thanks for help
bender

Post by bender »

Derrick from NC wrote:Does anyone know what year/model Mercedes the 23mm mc that is a direct bolt-on for a beetle? Perhaps a part #?
The MB 23mm MC was stock on all 6.9 SEL 116 chassis, Not to hard to find...I'll see if i can find a part #...I think i payed about $200.
Bite my shiny metal ass
'59 Twin Turbo Vert Beetle
'65 13 Window Deluxe

LuftWagens Klub Candy-ass free
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
bender

Post by bender »

Bite my shiny metal ass
'59 Twin Turbo Vert Beetle
'65 13 Window Deluxe

LuftWagens Klub Candy-ass free
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
GARRICK.CLARK

Re: im putting discs all around my bug what master should i use?

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Guys, Can you help me out with a brake issue.
I did have standard discs/drums in the rear on my 67 bug.
I switched to disc front and disc rear.
I now have no brakes, pedal just goes straight to the floor and wont pump up if pressed multi pull times.
I have bled the brakes as normal. Didn't expect this to happen.
Kafer_Mike

Post by Kafer_Mike »

Did you replace the master cylinder? If you did, did you bench bleed it? I have found it more difficult to prime a 'new' master cylinder and build pressure without doing it first. If did not replace the master cylinder, it may (now) have a bad seal. The Beetle master cylinder's plungers are used to a certain amount of travel in the bore. Over time, corrosion builds up past that point. In bleeding the brakes and fully depressing the pedal to the floor, the corroded section of the bore can rub and/or rip the plungers seal, allowing fluid to pass and not allowing you to build pressure.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Hi Mike. I didn't replace the M.C , only thing I did was remove the rear brakes , undue the brake pipes from the axle tube and leave the ends open for a period of 2 weeks or so while I did replaced the gearbox. So I need to look for a leak at the M Cylinder were the rod goes in.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Just blanked off the rear caliper pipes. Pedal did have a bit of pressure build up at the bottom of the travel. reinstated the rear calipers and back to no pedal pressure.
SC3283

Post by SC3283 »

cast or stamped steel caliper brackets? im guessing stamped steel.
70, 74 beetle, 81 Chenowth, 66 Fastback, 83GTI, 85GTI, 02 GTI, 72 Std Beetle
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

Make sure the bleeder screw is the highest point when you try to bleed it , otherwise air will stay in the caliper.
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

Make sure the bleeder screw is the highest point when you try to bleed it , otherwise air will stay in the caliper.