Autocross in a Super beetle

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
ChadH

Re: Autocross in a Super beetle

Post by ChadH »

Oh..In that case (just my opinion), build the biggest-baddest motor you can afford. Build the car you want, and let whatever class it falls into be a secondary consideration. If being competitive is the number one consideration, dollar for dollar, you'll be better of buying a beater Miata. If you are doing it because you love ACVW's, go balls deep and see what you can do.
Dupe

Post by Dupe »

Great advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
babysnakes

Post by babysnakes »

There's a guy here in S.E. Fla that runs a SB in the Chump car and Lemons races and is very competitive. I read a few comments above that you would not be competitive and have no chance of winning. If you are just getting into this to win, you're doing it wrong. Go out there and race, have fun. The more you race the better you will get, you'll learn how to tweak the suspension and driving techniques among other things. Go out there and have a good time.
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

babysnakes wrote:The more you race the better you will get, you'll learn how to tweak the suspension and driving techniques among other things. Go out there and have a good time.
Totally agree with this. If your only goal is to win, build a different autocross car. That said, a dialed in Super Beetle is incredibly fun to drive. They truly stick well and can be pushed to the edge and provide a great driving experience.

H2OSB
Jadewombat

Post by Jadewombat »

H2OSB wrote:
Totally agree with this. If your only goal is to win, build a different autocross car. That said, a dialed in Super Beetle is incredibly fun to drive. They truly stick well and can be pushed to the edge and provide a great driving experience.

H2OSB
Yep, you get FAR more compliments and attention than any other car out there at events.