Got my ej20t

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

I already have the megasquirt just need to wire it in and do the fuel system and ignition. I plan on doing up the fuel system this weekend. depending on how long that takes me, I might also do my wiring but we will see.
Turbo!
Mel Adjusted

Post by Mel Adjusted »

turboedbug wrote:I already have the megasquirt just need to wire it in and do the fuel system and ignition. I plan on doing up the fuel system this weekend. depending on how long that takes me, I might also do my wiring but we will see.
Sounds like you have it all under control. You'll be all smiles after your done. I know, I have 1 running and another on the way. My new one will be a mid-engine toy.
Keep up the good work.

The Surgeon General says,"Smoking V8's is OK"
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

damn its been a while since I have been on here......well its still not running. havnt had any time. just now got everything ready again for me to work on it.(moved to nevada to build a power plant).I am looking into purchasing the ecu from outback. its going to run me 1500. they say all I have to do is hook it up and the damn things gonna run. anyone have any experience with it? I will be posting picks of my conversion soon. Also where is a good place to run cooling lines?
Turbo!
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

Well I purchased the ems stinger, we will see how it turns out.
Turbo!
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

Well here are some pics......
heres the intercooler I plan on using....
heres a top veiw of the engine...
I know the engine is a little dirty....but look past that
Turbo!
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Your getting there! Keep up the good work!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My current build thread:
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=139952

R.I.P. Alfred Munson I miss you. http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9927
supa74

Post by supa74 »

hey its coming along. like the black marker on top, new mod? lol j/k
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

The black marker actualy adds 10-20 HP, if your interested I can sell you one....lol
Turbo!
supa74

Post by supa74 »

dont know if anybody knew or not but you guys getting the adapter from kep, outbackmotors.com tends to have a better adapter or so i think. theirs is sealed where the input shaft goes whereas the kep version is needle bearing. guess it all depends on what you like n prefer. always heard the sealed is better..
Last edited by supa74 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

So what are your plans for exhaust?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My current build thread:
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=139952

R.I.P. Alfred Munson I miss you. http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9927
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

I just finished the exhaust last weekend. I removed a couple inches off one of the legs of the u bend.Welded the short end of the u bend onto the turbo flange Then I cut the u bend at the 90 degree mark. I angled the remaining of the u bend down 20 to 30 degrees and welded it, then added two 45's for a rolling offset to go around the head and out the rear.......
Turbo!
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

Well here are some pics of the exhaust....yes I know those are some crappy welds, but hey thats my first time welding :D
Heres the pic of my radiator mounted....
Got the intercooler installed & BOV......Image

[/img]
Turbo!
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

wow its been along time since I have been on here, well finaly getting the car out of storage to start workin on it again.....maybe I will post some pics
Turbo!
turboedbug

Re: Got my ej20t

Post by turboedbug »

well that sucks looks like I lost some pics of my car o well heres some others I found

heres the first mock up, as you can see a little cutting was required

turboedbug

Re: Got my ej20t

Post by turboedbug »

I installed a new trans its a wrightgearbox pro street I added new urethane, mounts and straps
the rear mount and urethane got in the way of the bolts on the adapter plate so I had to remove a little material on each side