Tampa Subaru conversion

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
Nullifier

Tampa Subaru conversion

Post by Nullifier »

Any one in the Tampa area running around with this conversion? I would love to see one in person, because I am strongly considering this path over a type 4. This is for my build of a 1303 as daily driver.
slow steve

Re: Tampa Subaru conversion

Post by slow steve »

Nullifier wrote:Any one in the Tampa area running around with this conversion? I would love to see one in person, because I am strongly considering this path over a type 4. This is for my build of a 1303 as daily driver.

No.. BUT! I applied for a job down there. I know.. no help at all.. but I just thought I would throw that in as I'm pretty excited to the thought of moving down there. 8) But I would say to do it!
westypoo

Post by westypoo »

subaru motors are good, but you could go with a waterboxer like i did with my 1303.... just a thought.

its a stock 2.1 wbx with the newer amc heads, running about 8lbs of boost, megasquirt managment for fuel and spark, modified type1 cb turbo header, cb fuel rails, cb oil filler on case, and turbo is from a volvo s70.

fl_buggy

Post by fl_buggy »

I can't think of any subaru beetle swaps, but there's a subaru vanagon swap, and my Ecotec bay swap.
63vwnotch

Post by 63vwnotch »

Did you ever pursue the suby swap? If so, how'd it turn out and do you have any pics. I'm in Polk County, FL and I'm gonna do a full swap with a subarugears converted 5 speed...eventually.
panel

Post by panel »

Always loved that top 3/4 view of that 1303 car.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians