Trans adapter plate

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
Ravewolf

Trans adapter plate

Post by Ravewolf »

Does anyone know of an adapter plate that can mate a 4g63 to a subaru trans? I haz ideas for a wicked street beast,but I'm not paying an exhorbent(spelled right?) amount of money on a trans that can hold the power I can get from one of these little motors. I've heard good things about the subaru trans,and the subaru gears conversions.
ttriebler

Re: Trans adapter plate

Post by ttriebler »

Step one - find a pic of a trans adaptor plate someone out there has already created.
This one is 4G63 to TH350.

Step two - get the DXF of that adaptor plate and load it into software.

Step three - We know which holes are for the TH350 so we can delete those and we are left with the engine bolt holes.

Step four - overlay the Subaru bellhousing dxf over the 4G63 model and see how the bolt holes sit.

You can see the upper two grey bolt holes of the 4G63 engine sit nicely in the Subaru trans shape and the other two grey ones just on the inside lower down. I'd say all of these will have to be countersunk which is not usually an issue on these thick adaptor plates.

Now it's time for someone to get us the 4G63 pcd bolt hole dimensions and crank flange hole dimensions so we can see about the flywheel. From the picture, it looks like it may be possible to redrill the Subaru flywheel to suit.