Do I need a map sensor?! Bogging issue @3k rpm

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
DBUG Nist

Do I need a map sensor?! Bogging issue @3k rpm

Post by DBUG Nist »

hello guys I have a bogging issue that may or not be related to not having a map sensor. I took a 95 ej22 in a dune buggy with a vw trans. Dont know why but for some reason Subaru made this obd2 my car bogs at around 3000 rpm like some one is cutting out the fuel so it sputters. it idles perfectly through high neutral revs and it drives wonderfully up to 3k rpm (while driving only) once it hits 3rd gear it bogs around 2500 not sure the mph. I can go at a higher rpm but it sputters its way up there though. I did not keep the MAP sensor a lot of the swaps said nothing about it so kinda unsure if i missed something on that i'm finally starting to get codes to pop up. I have p0105 which is for the map (didn't install with swap) could this be my reason i'm bogging. fuel pressure is perfect at idle but not sure when driving the guage is inline between the filter and block. I have the up stream o2 sensor installed but not the second (Assuming it monitors catalyst efficiency). the vehicle speed sensor was a pain too, i figured this was the original culprit? I have small cars hall effect sensor kit thats designed to make the ecu happy i get a steady 4.23 volts when driving i feel like the ecu wants to see between 0 and 5 volts just not 4 please correct me if i'm wrong any issue on the epidemic would be greatly appreciated.
thank you more than anything

hes a reference video i made you can just go to 35 - 43 seconds to hear it bog the other part is just cruising and poor filming. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08MtXz ... e=youtu.be
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Re: Do I need a map sensor?! Bogging issue @3k rpm

Post by DBUG Nist »

anyone?
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
bad62bug

Post by bad62bug »

yes you do
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

You will need the MAP sensor and the speed sensor and the second O2 sensor too or a way to fake the computer out for them. The reason the MAP sensor is not talked about in many of the swaps like TimS's and mine is the OBD1 systems do not use the MAP sensor so we didn't talk about them.

Ed
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

well goddang haha looks like i need to snag one from the junkyard and find a wiring digram.. i have small cars speed sensor and im not sure if its working right or not. it has 4.72 volts DC then when i drive it goes to about 4.23 volts DC or so. its a hall effect style so i put it on AC volts and it generates voltage so it seems like its working correctly. but i guess ill need to install a bung for the secondary o2 even on the obd2 i thought the second was for catalyst monitoring only and didnt have an input for fuel trim like the upstream one is for? there was a guy who did a 95 swap in his vanagon on "boxerswaps" i didnt recall him using one but he never really said anything about how it ran after. thanks guys
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

I stand corrected his was an obd1 :oops: :(
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

Well i got a map sensor and wired it up and really didnt make much of a difference cruising in 3rd was a little bit smoother other than that its the same i still have to wild a bung for the secondary o2, there is no misfires that come up on the scan tool or any codes that come up. i was driving it around town and still no codes the monitors for the o2 sensors never finish.
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU