What have l forgotten to get from the doner car

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
burls

What have l forgotten to get from the doner car

Post by burls »

What is something l will forget to grab from the donor car

I have
engine
Gearbox
Dash cluster
Dash loom, ecu and fuse panel
Engine bay loom and relay box
Fuel pump
Slave cylinder and hoses
Fuel qty sender
Exhaust
Rear disks and callipers
Front disks and callipers
Steering column and keys
Clutch and brake pedal assy
71 superbug Subaru Outback cross
burls

Re: What have l forgotten to get from the doner car

Post by burls »

61 views and no suggestions, l guess that means l have everything l need.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

You didn't say anything about what you were saving stuff for as that could make a difference. Things such as the shifter, shifter rod and connections, brake hard lines, clutch cable, doors, window glass including popout windows assuming that your doner car might have them and any speciality nuts and bolts. Add to that seat mounting hardware, etc., tires/rims and so on.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I got thinking about this and consider completely stripping the car of the torsion assy as you might recoup some of your investments as there are guys needing replacement setups or building custom cars or "rails".

You also might want to pull the torsion bars, wrap/pad them and strap them together so they don't get "bruised" or the protective surface or the bar's surface doesn't get scratched. Since your in the "conversion perversion" area you may not need them as you are probably going to upgrade the suspension or change the suspension some how but they could be a back up or a "for sale" item.

The same with the drum brakes if they are still on/with the pan. The soft lines I would not worry about as you are going to want "fresh" ones but those brass brake line connectors: they are either expensive or not available anymore.
burls

Post by burls »

I'm putting a 2.5 eng and gearbox from an 98 Outback suby into a bug.
I have ripped out everything in the above list as l am unsure what l will eventually use or not. I still have the suby here for about another week, so was wondering what else l should grab before it goes to the scrap yard