Subarugears lsd 6 speed differential

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
billz60vw

Subarugears lsd 6 speed differential

Post by billz60vw »

I just wanted to let you know about an affordable alternative to a quaife or that cheap ass obx lsd on the market now.when I put my transmission together I installed an obx, long story short it didn't last long and had considerable play in no time at all! I was saving up for a quaife and found a forum where they were installing the six speed quaife in the five speed. so I looked into it and that quaife works in five and six speed transmissions.the difference is, some spacers are added where the bearing rides on the six speed. What I did is found a stock 6 speed lsd diff from an 09 sti and had the ends cut the thickness of the spacers and found stub shafts and I'm back in business! ! Total was $125 for the diff $50 for machining and $50 for stubs! These diffs can hold north of 700 ft pounds of torque! I will add some pictures in a bit. Also for reference of what I'm talking about http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthre ... -WRX-Issue
turboedbug

Re: Subarugears lsd 6 speed differential

Post by turboedbug »

thanks for the tip. i will be looking into this.
Turbo!
56SemaRag

Re: Subarugears lsd 6 speed differential

Post by 56SemaRag »

That's great news. I am using a USDM R180 (TBD) diff up front but wondering what I was going to do for a diff in the transmission. I believed you just solved it. Thanks for sharing.
56' Semaphore Ragtop Subaru (Build)
Subaru Engine & Transmission
Mendeola Suspension

69' Karmann Convertible (Build)
Suby AWD Driveline

05 Suby Baja Turbo - Stage 2+
07 Legacy Spec B - Stage 2
15 Suby Forester XT