OBD2 reader?

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
joelzy

OBD2 reader?

Post by joelzy »

Anyone with a swap try running an OBD2 scanner/reader for live engine data?
The scanner i currently have is super basic and only reads my ej when not running with the key on for some reason. My other cars it will give you live data anytime.
Looking at updated readers and sure enough they can bluetooth to your phone with live data and all which would be nice as the only gauge i currently have tied into the swap is temperature.

anyway, curious if anyone is running them and if so what reader/scanner?
I'll probably try one out soon as it would be very helpful

TIA
dlamyle

Re: OBD2 reader?

Post by dlamyle »

I have a Cobb Accessport V3. Pricey but it holds/ loads all my tunes and has some other useful functions. And gauges of course.
1968 Karmann Ghia, JDM EJ205, Subarugears, OBX LSD, Blouch 16g XTR, Killer B Headers, DW 750cc, Meth Inj, Cobb AP w/Mach V 22psi Dyno tune (332whp)
Videos
Build Thread
joelzy

Post by joelzy »

good to know! is that OBD2 only or do you have to connect in other places as well? Reason I ask is that an acquaintance offered to help me with access port if i had the OBD2 and flash mode connectors intact and i only have OBD2. Not even sure if a 96 had flash mode
maurice

Post by maurice »

I use a basic wifi sender and the "dash command" app. I'm fairly happy with both, but occasionally it has trouble connecting. Note that Apple doesn't do Bluetooth connections, so make sure your sender is wifi if you're using Apple
joelzy

Post by joelzy »

well crap, ordered a bluetooth one yesterday hahah
Guess i'll probably be sending it back for a wifi type.

thank you for the info!
craigpeter

Post by craigpeter »

There have some good sources you can try. I have been using the latest Best Bluetooth OBD Scanner in 2019 https://www.autoguysland.com/best-bluet ... 2-scanner/ Actually, new things are always interesting to use. Just plug it into the port. And when don't need just unplug. I really enjoyed it. :)