Mystery fuel pressure regulator

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Alexander_Monday

Mystery fuel pressure regulator

Post by Alexander_Monday »

This regulator was part of a Whipple 7.4L supercharger kit from the 90's.
Past experiance tells me that if Whipple does not see a possible sale, they have a very short memory.
There is not any writing on it.
It is steel.
The bottom appears to be the inlet.

Does anyone recognize what brand it might be, or have any information about it?
It is possible it was made just for the application.

Since it was for a TBI application, and fuel pressure is typically lower than MPI, I am not sure of the pressure range.

If I apply air pressure to the inlet and put a gauge on the outlet and a small hole to release pressure while I adjust it, will these readings reflect the pressure range it will have with fuel?

Why in the world would it have so many vacuum/boost ports?

Danth’s Law (also known as Parker’s Law) States:
“If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”
joe1121

Re: Mystery fuel pressure regulator

Post by joe1121 »

do you still ave this? i know this is a long shot but i am in serious need of one of these and this is a few years old but it cant hurt to ask right...
billz60vw

Post by billz60vw »

He posts on the samba frequently might try there in the performance section.
Alexander_Monday

Joe,
To tell you the truth, I am not sure. I have been devoting all my time to my new business and my VW stuff has been sitting since June, so there is a good chance I might. I will dig through everything this week and let you know.
34plus2

Post by 34plus2 »

could be an old style mallory fpr.
new one looks like this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-4305M/?rtype=10
whipplechargerhelp

Post by whipplechargerhelp »

After all these years to find support for this would be a miracle. Please see the top right of the page where it says Shoptalkfourms.com for the link asking for support for this site. They really need the money and your financial support.
Last edited by whipplechargerhelp on Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
whipplechargerhelp

Post by whipplechargerhelp »

05/04/2018 Hi:
I am Jonathan Dexter. I have the 5.7 version whipple charger for a 1994 K 1500 and just located the creator of these fuel pressure Regulators. He Worked for them 20 yrs ago and now remans them with improvements or makes them new. I spent 10 yrs searching for help with this.
Dan Darge Powertrain Electronics LLC
6600 Toro Creek Rd.
Atascadero CA 93422-1004
Alexander_Monday

Wow, blast from the past! Johathan, if I still have that regulator you can have it for shipping cost if you wish.
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

That is an interesting regulator!

From what I have tested and seen of manifolds of numerous types...its actually smart to have several vacuum and pressure ports. With regard to vacuum....the vacuum at any given time in various parts of an intake manifold vary a lot. Under boost....I do not know. Logic says it should be more uniform.

And you can gain and lose vacuum or have high variability from spot to spot in the manifold at varying rpm and throttle position. Having a range of vacuum ports ...perhaps sensitive to a different vacuum range at each port...may be a great tuning tool. Ray