Yet another injector question

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
andy198712

Re: Yet another injector question

Post by andy198712 »

I was tugging your leg, just run your pipe work through that snow ;)
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

Ha Ha i get it now but i think this counts an "outer cooler", cools intake charge before turbo :wink:

But on a more serious note, i've been really struggling on a fuel filter for my setup. I would like something that is oem on another car and 3/8 in/out. last resort would be $100 on an aeromotive one..
Any suggestions?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Golf filters are quite compact and use banjo fittings which you can use slip hose like I did or you can get banjo fittings with AN threads at any size.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

Clonebug,
Do you have a favorite year of golf to look for a filter on or order a new one?
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

news is that NAPA was able to find a oem filter with 3/8 hose barbs!! will post part # later. just ordered a gang of fittings to complete fuel setup:) also found the missing plugs for my IAC and TPS!!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

ideal :)
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

vw1970 wrote:Clonebug,
Do you have a favorite year of golf to look for a filter on or order a new one?
New ones are dirt cheap. I think it cost like $7.00. Get the Silverline version instead of the Napa Gold.

I don't have the part number but the NAPA partsman is a Volkswagen guy and he has owned a few watercooled cars so he just grabbed a few off the shelf and I picked the one that had the correct size banjo threads I needed. I used a banjo fitting from a Honda engine that my my brother had sitting on the floor. It had the right curve I needed for my setup to work and also the correct size threads. I picked the one I have due to it's diameter and it would fit much easier than the Volvo one that came with the pump.
You could go to NapaOnline.com and type in golf fuel filter and look at the pictures. It works on yahoo too if you want images to get an idea of what you want.

I needed one that had 12mm threads on one side and 14 mm threads on the other. But then I had to find a different banjo to make it all fit easier.
What ever works best on your build......you have to be flexible.

By golly I went back and looked at some pics I had and here is the part number. My banjo from the fuel pump is a 1/4 inch hose and the outlet has been changed to 5/16ths hose.
It's whatever you need for your build.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

Haven't gotten much work done lately because of the crazy colorado weather.. but i did get some neat fuel line hold downs made!
Made of .500" x 1.00" 6061 t6 bar stock, with only a drill press :mrgreen:
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

ok finally got some work done on the car! starting to come together :D
Still putting off making the apron removable... cant install turbo still that happens.
here's how it sits now

And heres how the hold downs worked out, WELL

vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

So i just pressure tested for fuel and i have leaks on every fitting in the engine bay... here are some pics of my setup, any ideas as to how to fix this?

Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Leaks where??

On the flare fittings or on the the pipe thread fittings???

Make sure you use good thread sealer on the pipe threads. I even used some of that black gasket sealer that is used to hold the valve cover gaskets in place. I ended up using some of that for thread sealer.
Did you use double flares??
It is critical on the technique. Straight cuts........then insert into flaring tool holder and let it stick up just a hair and take a file and file it flat with the holder.
Next adjust it the correct height for the flare fitting and go for it.
Don't go too tight on them.

You can try tightening the flares a bit more while it is pressured to see if you can stop the leaks...... I had to do that on two of mine that were dripping just a bit.
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

hey clonebug, they are just plain old compression fittings, no flare. it uses a kind of crush collar. i used plumbers tape for the threads wich does seem to be good enought.. i guess ill be on the hunt for some sealant in a tube.. none of the AN's are leaking wich is awesome since this is my first eperience with them :D
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

I wouldn't trust compression fittings that cut into the tube on a vibrating engine. They will fatigue.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You still didn't say where you have the leaks......

At the pipe fittings or at the compression fittings???

I wouldn't trust those compression fittings either with vibration and pressure.
Make sure you have a charged fire extinguisher within easy reach of you at all times.........