1907cc Microsquirt VFR800 ITB Build

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Cragrobbo

Re: 1907cc Microsquirt VFR800 ITB Build

Post by Cragrobbo »

Any updates on this build, I want to use it for inspiration for mine, there is a setup just like your for sale now and i am debating wether to get it but I am totally nw to injection.
Slamd72btl

Post by Slamd72btl »

Sorry, I wasn't notified of the new post :?

No, no real progress unfortunately. The engine was just completed at the end of October and has just over 520 miles on it. It was build carb'ed with intentions of going FI and distributorless, probably during the coming summer, but funds and time are tight right now, so not much real progress. My next step, hopefully this month, is to have injectors ultrasonically cleaned & flow tested, probably from http://www.witchhunter.com/. That should confirm injectors are properly sized and in good shape to reuse. I may go ahead and purchase the short velocity stacks I mentioned in one of my last posts in the thread too
Jadewombat

Post by Jadewombat »

It simplifies things if you switch to crank-trigger OR injection, but not both at the same time. Just some advice.
Slamd72btl

Post by Slamd72btl »

Jadewombat wrote:It simplifies things if you switch to crank-trigger OR injection, but not both at the same time. Just some advice.
Sometimes I get a little ahead of myself - you make a good point. I'm going to focus on the ignition portion before I get to injection as I think that'll be easier to start out with

On a positive note, I got some parts today to start wiring up :) A new Innovate LC-2 wideband, a fuse/relay panel, the rest of the hidden trigger sensor assembly from Mario, and I still have a few things coming. I'm hoping to start making some (very slow) progress this weekend. Not much to look at so far..

dcstinger

Post by dcstinger »

Looking forward to following your progress. I am planning electronic ignition & FI for mine too. My rolling chassis is almost done with bodywork to happen this spring/summer/fall followed by the engine this coming winter and next spring 2015.
~Engines Make Power, Motors Require it~
chickensoup

Post by chickensoup »

any updates? I have the same itb, using ford 36-1 trigger wheel, and speeduino.