2276cc fuel injection issue...

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
jhoefer

Re: 2276cc fuel injection issue...

Post by jhoefer »

Volky wrote:Mini, his wideband is in lamba. It was showing I believe 1.05 or even more. I could not richen it up on idle because it starts to stall.
AFR = 14.7 * Lambda
1.05 lambda is 15.4 AFR.
Volky

Post by Volky »

jhoefer,

Thanks for the info. I had to use a cellphone to download a table with the conversion. I'm use to AFR readings.

Pile,
Thanks for your research, I am trying to convince him to buy the USB/Can Adapter for ease of use. Its for his benefit anyway. His ECU is on the right side of the buggy clamped to the dash with no way of stretching the wiring. The ECU dashboard is friendly (but I prefer MS-2 even MSDroid is manageable on a cellphone).

I saw the datalog feature that day but I don't know if it can be read on the ECU.

I'll keep you people posted. Once again, I appreciate the help.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Hi,

Last night I went to the place where the buggy was being worked on and noticed that the owner had made a new VR bracket to correctly place it on the 15 tooth as stated in the instructions instead of 11 as it was on the car.

We turned on the car a it had an instant difference at idle although it would shut off cold. I enable the idle speed control and it seemed better. Also, I told him to lower the fuel pressure and the idled at 1,000 rpm's. One of his friend put the timing at 28* which I find a bit high. It was at 17*. I told him to try to go up from 17 until it will idle nicely. After that I left, so, that's that.

Overall major improvement. Still no cable for datalog. I enabled the feature but it has to be downloaded to a PC.

Thanks,
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Once he gets datalogging capability, we may be of further help, but it still sounds like you made some progress.

An engine with a high overlap cam can use the extra initial and more air/fuel than you might imagine, esp when cold, as there are lots of EGR gasses being processed just from reversion back into the intake when the valves are both open.

Note that already burned gasses are "inert" and should not effect the WB reading, although they make it harder for the engine to idle due to diluting the charge. (egr=slow burn, more timing needed)

Does it have a cold advance or idle advance feature? Latter works like the idle stabilizer on LJet/digijet, controls idle speed via timing, I ran with idle timing and only a CIS idle air/warm up valve for ages, works pretty decent. (on ms2e/ms3, haven't looked on MS1)

Supposedly CAN logging is ~easily doable on MS2/3 and TunerStudio but as no one has CAN adapters (and until recently they were stupid $$$), the devs have not bothered to implement it, as the std serial comms are pretty well sorted and cheap to do.

MSDroid/Shadowdash etc are getting quite useful lately, but BT comms are still too flake for doing tuning IMHO.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Turbofuel73

Post by Turbofuel73 »

Did you check timing?. Timing should b adjust to 20 degrees before anything. Fuel pressure 35 to 40 psi.
Flyboat

Post by Flyboat »

Does it still pop or backfire at cruising speed. Just a passing thought if it does, I wonder if the breakin wiped out a cam lobe or a valve is way to tight. I guess you'll know better when you can see the data