Missing parts in cb quick tune?

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
gdando

Missing parts in cb quick tune?

Post by gdando »

I am doing some test fitting and seem to be confused as to the fittings in the kit. Passenger side feed is 3/8s and drivers side is in 3/8 but out 5/16 to the FPR which is 5/16 on both sides. I seem to be missing fittings if I am to follow the instructions.

Clonebug

Re: Missing parts in cb quick tune?

Post by Clonebug »

I would toss those hose clamps and buy the FI clamps that you can pick up at your local FLAPS store. Those clamps don't belong on the pressure side of a Fuel Injection system.
Here is a link so you can see what they look like. You should be able to buy them locally.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/fuel-injection-hose-clamps

In the package with all the clamps it looks to me like there is a 3/8ths nipple, a 5/16ths nipple and a 1/4 inch nipple. You might need another 5/16ths nipple.
I would also look into a couple AN couplers to make it easier to disassemble the fuel system if you ever need to pull the engine out. Otherwise you will have to almost cut the hoses off those nipples.

Spend a little time planning for dis-assembly because it will happen. I pull my FI turbo buggy apart every winter. You will thank yourself if you make it easy to remove.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
gdando

Post by gdando »

What is your opinion on the XRP clamps?

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDet ... tCode=3820
bad62bug

Post by bad62bug »

gdando wrote:What is your opinion on the XRP clamps? use FI clamps.
Also use multi fuel hose, fuel injection rated for high pressure.

m9vAwAyubspJN8hZpU-2Y5w.jpg
http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDet ... tCode=3820
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdando

Post by gdando »

Thank you for the recommendations, I will look into the clamp and hose issue. Please forgive the newbee question but, if I wanted to go AN fittings what is the threads of the fuel rails and what AN size should I order?

looking at my FPR, I found some black fittings that I am assuming are for it. there is a plug, and two fittings. I am assuming that the plug goes in one of the lateral input ports and the barbed fittings are in and return to tank.

Strangely there was a fitting taped to the fuel filter however I do not see how it can be used.

Thank you in advance
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Fuel rails should be 1/4 inch (npt) or National Pipe thread. At least my CB rails were.

The problem you will have with using those fittings is that those 90's will only get the fuel line half way around since you almost have to go 180 degrees.
It will all depend on where you want to run your fuel lines. If you want them hanging in front of the shroud then you can use those 90's but if you want it to look professional then you will more than likely want to run the lines out of sight on the fan intake side of the shroud.
I actually used brake line on my engine off the rails and flared them.
It works pretty good and if I had the cash at the time I might have done it all with AN or JIC. You can see the 180 degree bend I made to get the fuel line to go the opposite way.

Look up JIC Swivel push-loc fittings......they are the cats meow for being able to install and remove a fuel line when you find the need to.

I used them on my oil filter and oil cooler.

I found a local Hose and Fitting store that stocks almost every fitting known to Man and if I had found them earlier I would have used them.

JIC is the same fitting as the AN except they are mostly available in steel instead of anodized aluminum which makes them quite a bit cheaper in price.
If you want the bling then you can go for the AN at about 15 bucks for each 180 degree fitting.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

XRP clamps are nothing but beauty clamps (cover over worm clamps) for people who just want "pretty".... Plain EFI style clamps will do you better if you do not want to go with AN fittings...

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
gdando

Post by gdando »

Dale,
Thank you. I hope to start mapping out the fuel lines and AN fittings tomorrow so I will have a clearer idea of what to order.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

On my buggy I install everything on the engine and the body is the last thing that goes on.

I made as much of my fuel line out of steel as possible for a couple reasons.
1. Less chance of leaks from fittings
2. A lot cheaper than AN fittings.

There are so many ways to go about it you almost have to have the parts on the car to figure out how to route everything.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"