Timing light VS EDIS

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
andy198712

Re: Timing light VS EDIS

Post by andy198712 »

Piledriver wrote:That's OK, but at the limit, any more there would be threads showing, a no-no either way.
(can be too far out as well)

Oil temperature and CHT have very little relationship.
CHT can go up/down 50F in seconds. oil, not so much.

As long as the carb is on there and you have no AFR target control, keep the advance down at WOT.
You can still crank it up as needed everywhere else.

Not much point tuning the carb if you have a set of itbs going on soon.
That carb will have a hard time keeping up with a 2210.
Its almost a surprise it idles OK with an 86B.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, its a stop gap....

for the plugs i'm very tempted to order up some copper washers of a set thickness to space it out more, i read copper was the best material...?

totally agree on CHT, not got a setup to monitor that yet though.

good to know on the advance curve! i'll keep WOT down for this setup.

Tell me about it! kinda funny it even works! it is too small, as is shown at WOT as the KPA goes down as the engine draw more then the carb can allow, thus vacuum.
Aslo at idle its lean, then light cruise is very rich, as in the idle jet is too big really, but the holes in the carb can't feed it enough at idle with the throttle plate closed, so i have to have the plate cracked open a tad, which is wrong for a stock setup. BUT only way to make it idle on this engine.

starts fine from cold, i use the choke, although it doesn't make it rich i noticed, its still lean when cold idling, but the step cam does the main job, idles about 800rpm cold then i have it set for 950-1000rpm warm...
i'm surprised it idles that low! running, below 2000rpm it isn't really happy at cruise, but pulls well through it.

once i get the gsxr itbs on i can actually get somewhere with it 8)