Wideband sensor failed?

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
UKLuke72

Wideband sensor failed?

Post by UKLuke72 »

Morning guys.
I've had a couple of problem free years out of my LC-1 but unfortunately it is no more... I get a constant flashing on the gauge but no error codes.

I tried connecting it to Logworks last night for the first time via a serial to usb adaptor but it wouldn't play ball... That may be the adaptor being a pig though.

I've found a replacement sensor for £55 but I still don't actually know if it is the sensor or the controller gone bad. I have check all of the wiring over and it's all good. Tried calibrating the sensor in free air but still nothing... Just a continuous flashing.

Any ideas how I can pinpoint whether it is the sensor or the controller that has failed?

Thanks in advance :)
Clonebug

Re: Wideband sensor failed?

Post by Clonebug »

When my LM-1 went bad I had to try a new O2 sensor too.

Now I have a spare sensor in my parts stash...... :roll:

See if you can borrow a buddy's sensor.

The other option is to just go and buy a new unit.

I ended up buying a PLX and I am impressed with it.

It never needs to be calibrated. The newest model is better yet since it uses the new 4.9 O2 sensor.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

My sensor on my LC-1 dies recently. I would get erratic readings for a minute or so, then it would kick offline and flash "7.3". Another thing mine was doing was sticking on a certain number for 2-3 seconds. I tried re-calibrating the unit and free-air calibration with no luck.

I replaced the sensor and did the free-air calibration, BAM!! Rock solid readings again. That was my experience from a week or so ago. Good Luck!!
UKLuke72

Post by UKLuke72 »

I've found a helpful guy who runs the UK version of DIYAutotune if you like who has offered to test my sensor... That'll at least rule something out...

Looks like I'll probably go for an LC-2 if I need a replacement as it has the LSU 4.9 which is seemingly a much better sensor.