Do I need MLV?

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
andy198712

Re: Do I need MLV?

Post by andy198712 »

Clonebug wrote:TS saves the tune in a folder... By default in your My Documents/Tunerstudio Projects folder.
It works off the "Current Tune.MSQ" file. If you do a "Save As" you can save it as a different name and then you have a copy of the file before you make changes.
Good to do if testing and you screw something up. You can always reload the saved file and start over.
Once you save as... you can then attach that file to an email or attach it to your STF post to let everyone see it.

Ah right, i'll bare that in mine then and start saving my tunes separately, makes sense!

i can see my MSQ file when i click attach but it won't let me attach it here.... hmmmmm
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

test

right this is pre veal if i recall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

that should be my current one....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

If you lack CLT also make absolutely sure you flatline WUE
(if not, you may have mistuned everything fat enough to run right at CLT -40F)

You may have to play with the cranking pulse to get good starts without it.
They are only ~$12-$15 at autozone, a locally bought connector costs more than the sensor...

Consider one of the screw downs like Mario makes screwed to the bottom of the head, or perhaps on an intake port with a bit of insulating foam tape over it.
I have had an open element unit ziptied to a pushrod tube directly in hot cooling exit airflow coming of the exhaust ports on a T4 for the last ~80K miles.
(requires underside tins and had to make side tin blockoffs for under the head)

Do leave off accells etc until you have a reasonable VE table.
Then turn on eae/accel pump (if MS3) or similar if MS2.

Not to beat a dead horse, but:
The issue of getting the lambda delay table right is that TS uses that delay to "see" what the actual cell in use was is when tuning.
No issues if you are very slowly changing loads/rpms but in real driving it will take most of the "noise" out of the changes.

It will still work ~OK with the defaults, but its amazing when the delays are ~correct.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

starts fine as is, i have it set to 45 seconds at the min and that sees to work well. will look into getting this fine tunes though, so PW.... pulse width, whats the crac with that? more is more fuel?

hmmmmm there a thought, maybe thats why my numbers are low in my VE table.... at -40

my warm up wizard looks like this

Guessing i'm compensating lol shall i drop all those to ZERO? then retune?
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

so its at 180%.... i can drop that to 100% right? and if i'm not mistaken i've seen a thing about rescaling the VE table, so i won't have to start from scratch right?
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

RE the CLT sensor, i was thinking of making my own, but email Mario and i think he's hooking me up with one so will wait and see :) going to be fiddly to find it a home with my 911 shroud, without lifting it up which will be a chore!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Flatline the CLT and scale the VE table, may want to do the same for the req fuel, if running MS2E shoot for ~100VE at idle for decent resolution at idle
(its not a meatspace Volumetric Efficiency value anyway, its relative)
255 is no longer the max calculated VE value on MS2E or MS3 for a couple years, don't sweat the upper value.

(IIRC its an unsigned 16 bit value now, that would limit you to a max calculated VE value of 16384)
... but too high a value may cause issues with accels or something.
MS3 has an extra digit of resolution so it doesn't really matter unless VE value is very low, like <10.0
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

i'm MS1 2.2 EXTRA so bit limited there lol

so, would required fuel not stay the same as thats worked out from the injector flow and pressure ect ect, not temp?

so 180/100=1.8
100/1.8=55.5

so 100 is 55% of 180, so do i want to scale my map down by 45% and drop my CLT to 100% right?
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

or rather increase by 45% as i'll be reducing the fuel going in.... been a long day to wrap my head around ;)

also in the scale bit, its says increase by: ex. 1.2 = raise by 20%

So, id want to raise by 2.1 right? :lol:

Just want to say thank you for the help mate!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

i'm also doing something wrong, i can seem to view any logs?

the helps don't tell you how to actually start a log and then save it, then open it in MLV... that i've seen... i can open a log in Mlv but it just stays blank, like I've opened a blank log or something?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

ctl+l then enter
hotkey combo starts a log from the keyboard, enter is only needed as it asks for a filename, but it has one from date/timestamp.
do it again and it closes last log, hit esc to just stop or enter to start new log.

You can of course also start/stop etc logging from the "data logging" menu pulldown.
MLV can also open a log in progress and work in ~real time (trail live file)

The logs are simple CSV text format you can open them in Excel/Libreoffice calc or whatever just to see whats there.

When you load up a log you also need to load the matching tune in the mlv tuning console.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

It saves by computer time so it should never overwrite anything.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Agh maybe I wasn't opening the tune too.... Thanks guys will report back!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Mario is hooking me up, I'm away with work on cerimomies for a week and half so might even have a sensor when I get back, depends how long the postage takes to the uk :) exciting stuff!