Do I need MLV?

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
andy198712

Do I need MLV?

Post by andy198712 »

Hello!

So glad the forum is back! It went offline right as I was converting to fuel injection via my GSXR ITBs :?

Come end of the month I need to buy a couple things, a CLT and the full version of TS I feel is going to be very helpful

But, do I need mega log viewer? What does it actually do?
I run TS on my Mac book if it makes any odds on yasomite

cheers
Andy
Chip Birks

Re: Do I need MLV?

Post by Chip Birks »

Do you intend to datalog? MLV is a fantastic tool. Love it!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

I can see how it would help! Solo tuning isn't easy! They do both for a discount I noticed :)
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Its very useful, but the "pay" extra features like scatter plots may or may not be useful to you.

TS registrered vs "lite" makes a HUGE difference, with VEAL or whatever the VE autotune is called this week.
Thats worth it just for the better serial comm options and update rates.
MLV... not as much, but well worth buying IMHO.

But: If you have VEAL do NOT use MLVs "autotune" it will screw up a perfect tune as it only has one lag value you can set for each run, and its a 0-9 scale (not referenced to actual milliseconds) that may not have enough delay to be accurate at any load or RPM. Its better than nothing.

I bought both the minute I got tags on the square.
Tuning in the driveway just wastes gas and pisses off the neighbours.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

can you get MLV as a free version then?

i think the full TS will be ace, and the MLV just let me see whats going on a little more so I can drive a section, pull over, review it adjust and drive again...

fitting a TPS today hopefully and speaking to Mario about a CLT, at the min the only sensor i have in MAP! (and VR EDIS)

its OKAY and better the the carb before, but i know it'll be better
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

I bought the paid version of MLV and I don't even run mesasquirt. It is that useful.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Heres an intersting question for you, if i buy it, they send me an email with a code in it i believe right? i put that in as my key yh? how many computers can i use that on? my laptop, but could i have it on a tablet or another laptop ect?

cheers

Andy
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

andy198712 wrote:Heres an intersting question for you, if i buy it, they send me an email with a code in it i believe right? i put that in as my key yh? how many computers can i use that on? my laptop, but could i have it on a tablet or another laptop ect?

cheers

Andy
Up to three machines.

I have it on three machines as well has each being multi-boot.
The hardware detection for validating the registration is not perfect but it works OK.
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Hmmmmmm
So I could share a registration then? Providing we didn't use the key more then 3 times?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

We?
Don't think that's entirely kosher, but as long as it doesn't get further redistributed...
YOU can put it on 3 machines, but it will be in your name.

It goes in the logs, so if "we" posts up asking for help online with logs (as you must to get any help) and the reg isn't matching there may be some uncomfortable 'splanin to do.

TS/MLV are not made by a big faceless company, its just one guy trying to make a living, he works hard at it, and it's a perpetual registration, no need to renew it annually like most damn commercial software these days...
Allowing it on multiple machines is cool to begin with...

I strongly encourage anyone using it to register their own copy, or simply use the free "lite" version until they can.

It's worth it.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Yh fair point!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Just brought the MLV and TS package, will ask many questions lol just ad it running and it said correcting table in the red flashing box after i clicked start but in the "cells altered" it still says 0....

lots to work out! like how do i post my MSQ ect? google turned up a blank that
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

TS saves the tune in a folder... By default in your My Documents/Tunerstudio Projects folder.
It works off the "Current Tune.MSQ" file. If you do a "Save As" you can save it as a different name and then you have a copy of the file before you make changes.
Good to do if testing and you screw something up. You can always reload the saved file and start over.
Once you save as... you can then attach that file to an email or attach it to your STF post to let everyone see it.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

andy198712 wrote:Just brought the MLV and TS package, will ask many questions lol just ad it running and it said correcting table in the red flashing box after i clicked start but in the "cells altered" it still says 0....

lots to work out! like how do i post my MSQ ect? google turned up a blank that
If you were running the VE analyzer, it has default filters as to temperature, rpm, load and custom filters you can define.
You want to run that fully warmed up so it doesn't have to work over warmup fuel (WUE)
It wont do anything if any of those filters are triggered.

In the "advanced" page of VEAL it also has a lambda delay table... the default values in this are wrong unless you have a SBC with the WB sensors in the short cast iron manifolds... VEAL will still work ~OK but it's a LOT more consistent with at least sane values in that table.

Zip up logs/msq to post.

heres my lambda delay table, running emw hx replacement pipes and a tweaked bursch 914 exhaust, probably similar length to a t1 4>1 with sensor in the collector. its going to be closer than the defaults to correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Thanks buddy! is that MAP up the left column right? (mine is)

just put that in so will get some driving on it tomorrow,

But after driving for about an hr today, its worlds apart from my drive before VEAL!! sooooooo much smoother and its works well, i was just driving around like a normally would in my normal areas, i don't do a lot of 60mph cruising, mostly 20,30,40mph back lanes so did a lot of that, and got some higher speed stuff in, all made a big difference! id also turned off my TPS enrichment, i read its good to get your VE map down before adding stuff like that.

Yep engine all warmed up before turning it on, i just had to put in the -40.1 coolant temp min filter as i don't have a CLT yet. and it wouldn't turn on.

i'll be honest, i'll need to google wiping them up on a mac, not needed to do it before on the macbook. will put up my table when i work out how, i also think i got some logs today too.... wether they saved separately or over wrote each one i'll find out in a min.

thanks guys, massive help!