innovate lc1 yellow wire configaration

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
damo99

innovate lc1 yellow wire configaration

Post by damo99 »

hi i am trying to set up my innovate lc1 to run a gauge(brown wire)
and autotune on tunerstudio (yellow wire).
but the yellow wire from the lc1 sends a narrow band signal .
i need to change this to wideband signal .
can anyone give me the settings ,i have used the lm configurator software and have tried copying the brown wire signal,,but that didn't work properly
any ideas
thanks
Clonebug

Re: innovate lc1 yellow wire configaration

Post by Clonebug »

From the LM-1 manual it states the brown and yellow wire can run only one gauge or readout at a time.
You need to use the brown wire for tuning on TS and that means you can't run an external gauge.
The controller unit should have a readout for you to see I would think.
My LM-1 did but it died a sad death and I bought a PLX unit.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Lc1 has no problem sending a signal to a gauge and the ecu, I ran mine that way for years. No problems. Just had to be configured. What is your gauge looking for? You just have to adjust the curve on lm config to match whatever the gauge requires.
jhoefer

Post by jhoefer »

If you have copied the stock settings from the Analog Out 2 (brown wire) to Analog Out 1 (yellow wire) so it shows 0v at AFR 7.35 and 5V at AFR 22.39 (click the radio button to "use air-fuel-ratio" first), then you have correctly set up the yellow wire to supply a wideband signal. But to make it work, now you must go into the ECU and configure the O2 sensor settings to exactly match that same voltage and AFR range.

If you cannot go into the ECU to make those changes, you must first figure out what voltage/AFR pairs the ECU is expecting to get and change the LM-1 settings to match that instead. A common config is 0V at AFR 10 and 5V at AFR 20, but the actual values will depend on what ECU you are using.
profab

Post by profab »

This should come in real handy man, made this guide myself for this exact sitution: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/reso ... torial.pdf

Basically follow the guide and you will be good to go!
Custom parts, repairs and anything you can think of when it comes to repairing your car, a good place to go is Pro Fabrication. A reliable company from old cars to new.