webers rebuilt but not responding

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
mlrailguy

webers rebuilt but not responding

Post by mlrailguy »

It seems as though my accelerator pumps are not correct. One carb barely has a dribble coming out jets at full throttle and the other has nothing. Seems to me they should have a good solid squirt as soon as I begin to press go pedal
66brm

Re: webers rebuilt but not responding

Post by 66brm »

Correct, it should give a good squirt, sounds like the accuracy jets may have some crud in it or the accuracy pump itself
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

During rebuild did you use correct diaphragms in accelerator pumps mechanism?.... Some kits have several diaphragms for different versions of the carb... IS actuating arms/rollers moving properly?

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

What I discovered was bad instructions on setting float level. Changed them and had to turn the pressure up all the way on my Empi regulator. They are squirting good solid streams, but not until full throttle. Shouldn't they come in sooner?
Going to replace regulator with something that has a guage, so I know I'm at 3 psi.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

The accelerator pump should react quickly at "tip in" on throttle action, not at the end of travel.
Are you certain the diaphragm pokey thing is facing the correct way (and there are 2 as far as I know early roller cam and late spring rod style).
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

yep, good there. Can't find any thing on adjusting it, but they do have adjustments. I was kind of assuming I could start tightening up the nut against spring?
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

I do not use regulators on fuel inlet of my IDF's or HPMX's... What ever mechanical pump puts out seems to work... Hear nothing but a lot of troubles from people trying to find decent regulator....

As for adjusting try screwing nut in some and see if you get squirt sooner.... Sounds like adjustments start moving diaphragms very late in throttle shaft movement...

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

yeah, I was going to start turning them like 5 turns at a time, and see what happens. Nothing worse than trying to blurp it and it just bobbles and sputters