76 Bus F.I.

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
fredybear

76 Bus F.I.

Post by fredybear »

Does anyone know who rebuilds these fuel injectors?????

Any shops i can send them to......the hoses have been cut and they need to be unclamped and redone and to have them clean and tested.....
fredybear

Post by fredybear »

no-one knows

these r 70 dollars apiece new......and i aint buyin em

help
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

If you are finding the correct Bosch fuel injectors for your bus at $70 ea...buy them! Rebuilts are available very commonly. There are no "local" shops that do them You will get them anywhere you buy bosch products (generally those would be Bosch factory rebuilt and are not common much these days) or you can get rebuilt injectors from any beck/Arnley worldparts dealers or repyatable foreign parts houses. Several large companies rebuild them...some are better than others. I have had few if any problems with rebuilt injectors in the past couple of years. The real problem, is that very little in a rebuilt is actually new. They are generally disassembled, have new nozzle ends crimped in, new seating return springs (hopefully) are resealed and checked for proper flow and resistance. The armatue and windings may have a lot of miles on them. Generally, cheaper rebuilders may only replace what appears to be bad on a given injector instead of just replacing things as policy. Some rebuilt injectors get sloppy in a short amount of miles. Buy them from a reputable shop...and you generally get good stuff. They will generally run about $45 ea. So if new ones are $70...get them. 10 years ago even...$85-$100 was not uncommon for brand new ones. Ray
pogolo

Post by pogolo »

I noticed the other day that you can buy rebuilt fuel injectors from Bus-Boys. Heres a link: http://www.bus-boys.com/bb13374.htm#6