Stock dual carb linkage?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
59Bisquik

Stock dual carb linkage?

Post by 59Bisquik »

I am working on a type 3 engine in a kit car. It has the stock dual carbs and air cleaner setup. The throttle linkage is pretty worn and flexes under use. Is there an aftermarket solution out there or am I stuck building some new linkages? I see a lot of linkages on the internet but most seem for type 1's or if it is for type 3's, it's for aftermarket carbs. Thanks guys!
Marc

Re: Stock dual carb linkage?

Post by Marc »

The factory III linkage is the only setup I'm aware of which will clear the stock air cleaner setup - no aftermarket design would bother to incorporate the bellcrank arrangement that it uses. Does your kit car body offer more overhead clearance (and thus more aircleaner options) than that of a Type III?
Slow 1200

Post by Slow 1200 »

maybe the CSP bellcrank linkage would fit, but that's just guessing, and I'm sure it doesn't come cheap
59Bisquik

Post by 59Bisquik »

The stock bellcrank design is fine, its the actual rods and ends that are worn and flex. I was thinking some aluminum stock and hiem joints would do the trick.

As for the body, it has the same clearance as a standard car. It is an Empi Sportster with a pickup bed.
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

The stock setup is pretty simple. With a few hardware bits like you said you can probably just make something serviceable.

Max
59Bisquik

Post by 59Bisquik »

Ok, thanks guys! I will get to building...