speakers?

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
VW_Man_87

speakers?

Post by VW_Man_87 »

CALLING ALL SOUND GURUS!

ok i have 4 speakers hooked up in my ghia and i would like to put another one in stock location of the orig. but sience that one will be mono sound, i would like to have both channels left and right from the stereo to go into it but not mess up the stereo sound going to the other speakers, i would like some help on this please?

TIA
Jeremy
im in need of a new front clip for my 74 ghia, i dont care what year its from but i need one in order to fix my front end, can anyone help out?
sideshow

Re: speakers?

Post by sideshow »

High end car steros used to have what they called a “center channel” for doing something similar. If it is supported, you could bridge a driver off the front. Five speakers off a four channel deck is possible, but I wouldn't bother if it was low end equipment.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
VW_Man_87

Post by VW_Man_87 »

my head unit is a kenwood, i was thinking about using diodes on the + channels of the speakers to keep them from crossing back into the head unit and makeing all 3 front speakers mono, just the one. will the diodes work?
im in need of a new front clip for my 74 ghia, i dont care what year its from but i need one in order to fix my front end, can anyone help out?
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Well before the turn of the century I spent a couple of summers installing car stereos. I'm sure a lot has changed since then, I hear cassette decks are no longer common.

Bridging was normally done with R+ & L- or maybe R- & L+ and passive crossovers to keep the amp from seeing too much load. Also it was normally done with the subs (low frequencies).

This was not common, and I don't think diodes will help you here, you need to create an ohm load and frequency range that only the really anal retentive and dogs can tell apart.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.