Advice on all black interior for my 73 Bug

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
Lo Cash John

Advice on all black interior for my 73 Bug

Post by Lo Cash John »

So I'm having my bug painted appliance white, shaved chrome, satin black T-bars, door handles and vent wing frame. Headlight rings will be white and windows are getting tinted. Basically a classic 80's mono-chrome paint scheme.

To go with the black and white theme, I was thinking about an all black tweed interior from TMI. I was figuring on black perforated vinyl headliner, black tweed door panels & seats and black carpet.

I know it'll be dark inside but I'm good with that. One buddy said the black carpet would be a bad idea because it would show dirt/dust in a hurry. Then there's the whole TMI quality issue. I know lots of folks have complained, but lots of people have good things to say too. Plus, how many happy customers have never even posted their good results? A few I'd imagine.

So what are your thoughts?
volksbugly

Re: Advice on all black interior for my 73 Bug

Post by volksbugly »

I agree with your buddy, black carpet will show everything. Go with a grey carpet if your going to go black interior, if your not set on black interior I would strongly suggest tan.

https://picasaweb.google.com/nickj.b/VwInteriors

those are some I like

sewfine = great stuff!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I “Luv” black interiors but your buddy is correct; most dirt or stuff you bring in on your shoes will show up, and I mean show up. If you drop something dark, it is going to be harder to find also. You didn't say where you are, but if you are in a warmer climate, it is probably going to be hotter inside in the summer and probably colder inside (black does not reflect much).

Black accents very nicely with most other colors so as long as you can handle the heat and cold and remember to clean your toy up more often than most others have to, go for it!

Lee
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

volksbugly, why do you have two different styles of door panels??
volksbugly

Post by volksbugly »

Lo Cash John wrote:volksbugly, why do you have two different styles of door panels??
hehe those aren't my bugs, Saw them at BugORama took pics.

I have black interior, its all crap, holes in the seat, headliner half way gone. I am going to get rid if it after I do a repaint. :)

Ninja Edit:

get rid of the interior that is! :P