Rear Seats

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
santakart

Rear Seats

Post by santakart »

Good evening all, I have been lurking around searching, and i can not find what i am looking for. I have a 69 beetle and I got it with no rear seat, I have been given the bottom for the rear but it makes no sense. The seat forward lower edge is a straight edge that goes from one side of the car to the other side of the car, across the tunnel. I think this may be incorrect, is the lower edge supposed to droop to the pan, or is there a board or metal shelf that goes under the fwd edge? (for the heater outlets etc.) Does any body have a pic of their rear seat, so that I may see the fwd edge or at least any info on this.

Thank You

Steve :?
JWP

Re: Rear Seats

Post by JWP »

I don't have pics, but my 75 I had and my 68 have a little cardboard type piece that is black that fills this space.

I'd check WestCoastMetric or somewhere comparable for this as it's probably a restoration only type item.
santakart

Post by santakart »

So the rear seat bottom has a straight edge on the lower front that will go from side to side, no droop in the seat edge or curved edge over the hump?

Thank You
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

santakart wrote:So the rear seat bottom has a straight edge on the lower front that will go from side to side, no droop in the seat edge or curved edge over the hump?

Thank You
Yes, there is a bit of 90 degree bent sheetmetal that goes straight across that the seats front bit rests on, and the pressboard bits fill the gaps underneath, with the heater ducts.

A T3 is similar looking at the top, but the whole thing is sheetmetal (including the "filler" areas on a T1) and welded to the pan.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.