4 speaker stereo system + sub

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
ToRy 70

Post by ToRy 70 »

I've got 2 rockford fosgate 8'' 8 ohm punch HE's under my rear package tray cover dealie, in a sealed box... and they hit pretty hard and accurate with about 300 watts RMS bridged to them. Lately, one has developed a slight rattle in the cone itself... past the manufacturer's warranty...
I'm thinking of getting 2 tens soon, as Best Buy employees get pretty good discounts :wink: . I actually had to put my 6x9's all the way to the sides of the deck cover with this setup, since they hang down about 4 inches, interfering with the sub box. With the tens I might have to get some of those 6x9'' boxes to put on top of the tray. Meh. If they had 8's I would get em again, especially rockfos's, cause they're low profile and kick ass for the size.

Post by Guest »

I have the following: (4) Crystal 6.5"s, (1) Kicker 12" and an Audio Art 340.6 amp. The front 6.5"s are in kick panels and the rear is a custom box with (2) of the 6.5"s, the 12" and the amp behind the back seat. The sub responds very well to Metallica, LLCoolJ and even Garth Brooks. It seems to be a happy medium for all music types. It all depends on volume and settings.
Boneloader

Post by Boneloader »

ToRy 70 wrote:I've got 2 rockford fosgate 8'' 8 ohm punch...
I've got the same subs in a box in the back and I am really happy with them. I'll be running rf 6 1/2's and tweeters in kick panels up front.

Troy