Central WA Baja

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Central WA Baja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

892018223538.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

That is some serious power steering you have. Very nice, taken it out yet?
NWSCHEI

Post by NWSCHEI »

Big weekend at moses coming up will we see the queen out there
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Leatherneck wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm That is some serious power steering you have. Very nice, taken it out yet?
Nope, hope to get a test hit in this weekend before loading her up for the Lucerne Race on the 29th. Plan to do some testing and prerunning on Friday down there if all goes well. Then help Zac, Erik, and Tyo win that class-5 shootout with over 20 car entered.
NWSCHEI wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm Big weekend at moses coming up will we see the queen out there
Probably not...Moses scares me on busy weekends. Too many idiots that think The Queen stops like an ATV. Almost had 3 separate incidents out there last time. I decided I am just as big of idiot for wanting to go fast, so I just stay away from there now
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 am
NWSCHEI wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm Big weekend at moses coming up will we see the queen out there
Probably not...Moses scares me on busy weekends. Too many idiots that think The Queen stops like an ATV. Almost had 3 separate incidents out there last time. I decided I am just as big of idiot for wanting to go fast, so I just stay away from there now
We haven't been there since sometime the mid-90s but your description also sounds like Sand Lake down by Tillamook Oregon (good cheese and ice cream there [not found in the lake but near by]). I am sure that the SXS have taken over the quads as being a "pain in the poo-poo" especially around holidays :roll: :lol: .

Lee
NWSCHEI

Post by NWSCHEI »

True that's why I have not been there on memorial or labor day in over 20 yr the mudfest weekend is not as bad but know what ya mean still would love to see your ride in person some day pics never live up to the real thing
NWSCHEI

Post by NWSCHEI »

True that's why I have not been there on memorial or labor day in over 20 yr the mudfest weekend is not as bad but know what ya mean still would love to see your ride in person some day pics never live up to the real thing
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Long hours in the shop led to a late night craving.
820201881057.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Drove her to a meeting last night with clients of a house we just finished. They have kids and grandkids involved in rally racing so they were digging it for sure.

I think I am digging the look of the 35's
820201881127.jpg
BajaBug222

Post by BajaBug222 »

Looks good.
fordfreak

Post by fordfreak »

Darren you're still alive!!???
petew

Post by petew »

I still find it amazing that you get away with driving that around on the road. And yes I'm JEALOUS! :D
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

fordfreak wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:37 pm Darren you're still alive!!???
Haha yup! Thanks for stopping in.
petew wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:29 pm I still find it amazing that you get away with driving that around on the road. And yes I'm JEALOUS! :D
I think most people just think it's just another SxS. Those are legal on roads 35mph and under around here. I live on a 35mph road and cruise 35mph backroads all the way to town. Also I drive it very respectfully around town. Keep the RPM's down and such.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Is your son still playing around with graphics and did you graphics?

Looks like its never been out of the garage before. Good job!

Lee
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 am Is your son still playing around with graphics and did you graphics?

Looks like its never been out of the garage before. Good job!

Lee
It pictures well Lee. It is not nearly as polished as it looks. No doubt that she is definitely not a trailer queen.

My son did do these graphics. And no he is not doing it much anymore. He works for my company full time and I keep him very busy. The house we just finished was our first full start to finish where we started with a raw piece of land and did the full house design and a construction start to finish all in house vs sending the customer off to a designer or architect. J.T. did all the CAD drawings for the house and then we tag teamed the management of the project and he handled the final finishes and delivered the product.