Video Store open for business.

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

Re: Video Store open for business.

Post by Leatherneck »

Some videos from the SoCalBaja Mojave trail ride May 24th-26th 2013

Going down Watson Wash, it is for sure rougher then it looks.

The only time I saw Jason a little worried.

Time to cool off. The video was about eye level. Did cool us off for a bit.

Dry river bed, had a few hidden ( at speed) washouts, can't wait till next year.

Wayne does the Video for the whole trip. Once he posts that I will for sure post that one as he does a bangup job of collecting and producing a cool video.
fl_buggy

Post by fl_buggy »

Since many people don't know what Florida buggy riding entails, I decided to make a short video of one of our trail rides. This video was taken July 6th, 2013 in the Withlacoochee State Forest Citrus Tract in Inverness Florida. This is a trail that runs south, right out of our campground. I chopped out some of the boring parts because people's attention spans are short these days :lol: Also, we were fighting some braking issues (brakes either dragging or very little brakes at all, we took the master out when we got back and found the bore was all crudded up causing the piston to stick). GPS verified we were going 60 mph on this trail at more than one point.

This forest is small, and not nearly as fun as Ocala National Forest, but it's an hour closer to home so we go up here several times a year for a day or two. We did 70 miles in 6 hours on this day including an hour for lunch. This forest is small, and you aren't allowed to leave the marked roads, but they only "improve" (grade) 2 roads in the whole forest, which we barely ever ride on. I have never been riding outside of Florida, but based on the videos I've seen, this looks more fun to me than dune riding. We don't do 4 gear wheelies up and down dunes all day, but we constantly have to watch for trees and deep holes waiting to ruin our day, which beats riding around the same patch of sand all day to me.

http://youtu.be/ynAMSYO5zJI

Sorry, I can't get the youtube imbedding to work on here for some reason.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I can see where "Tree bars" got their name. Is that a sand-like bottom or is it more hard? Looks like fun. I much prefer that type of riding to sand dunes, too.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
fl_buggy

Post by fl_buggy »

yeah, tree bars definitely aren't optional out here. The bottom varies. Some it's REALLY soft sugar sand, some its hard pack (mainly in the shade, or the northern part of the state where there's more clay).

It's alot of fun trying to dodge those darned trees that are always jumping out in front of you!
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

Looks like fun. Kind of like riding in PA without the rocks. I didn't know there was much riding to do in Florida.

I've not posted many videos so far this season, just to busy with life getting in the way.
We put a new turn in the track this year and my buddy George and I were to first to christen it with a roll over. George went way wide, out into the grass. I went under him, thinking he'd not be able to recover. Next thing I know I see his tire coming up beside me then fly up into the air and I could see the bottom of his beam as the car went up and over. My neck restraint keeps me from seeing much to the sides. I felt really bad when it happened but in hindsight we were both trying to occupy the same piece of real estate and there was only so much room. Fortunately he and the car were ok. Here's a limited video...

You need to open it in you tube and make it full screen to see it well...

Tom
fl_buggy

Post by fl_buggy »

Tom in PA wrote:I didn't know there was much riding to do in Florida.

There is. Not as much as some other states, but quite enough. The Ocala National Forest is about 2 hours from many of us. We rode from the south end to the north end Memorial weekend and it was almost exactly 50 miles. It's about 10 miles wide in spots, and thousands of trails criss-crossing it. So more riding than we would ever need.
MOZ Racing

Post by MOZ Racing »

from brazil....

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

From the USA :shock:

Nice vid, little short but outstanding in quality.. Question though are you guys wearing seat belts?
MOZ Racing

Post by MOZ Racing »

Leatherneck wrote:From the USA :shock:

Nice vid, little short but outstanding in quality.. Question though are you guys wearing seat belts?

I use seatbelt, but many people here do not use seat belts, they barely know the danger they are :oops:
MinamiKotaro

Post by MinamiKotaro »

'67 Beetle, 2276
MS-1 v3.57
E_bug

Post by E_bug »

Lol. . Safety first.

:D
My welding sucks .
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

For those that are stuck inside with the weather, I found a bit of time to put together a couple videos today.

The first was a race at Rolling W Ranch in Sept. It was a good race until I got together with another car in a hard turn and went for a good roll.

The second was a race at Big Al's. This is my old red/white car. Not a great video but better than watching snowflakes, sleet, rain or whatever is falling where you are.

Tom
MOZ Racing

Post by MOZ Racing »

hello

a ride off road on Saturday afternoon in brazil
MOZ Racing

Post by MOZ Racing »

danger offroad

TouringBubble

Post by TouringBubble »

Dori at her first event ...

Follow my SCCA Rallycross build on Facebook.

Dirty '73 Beetle. 2109cc with way too much intake.
Power numbers to come.
Sponsors: Satellite Racing - Defined Performance