Video Store open for business.

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Lotrat

Re: Video Store open for business.

Post by Lotrat »

Sounds nice. The second video didn't work. You owe us 1 video.
Jeff550

Post by Jeff550 »

Its just $$$ right?
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

Ok guys. We're having the shortest days of the year right now. Not the coldest but it already feels like summer is miles behind us. I was checking out some of my videos on the new flat screen last week and decided to finally post the last races of the season on you tube. If you're already getting some of the winter blues, here's some sunny racing to break up the monotony. (those living in the warmer climates need not comment about how it's currently sunny and warm :evil: ).

Tom

Race 1

Race 2- There was some confusion regarding flagging and a bit of carnage but it was a very close race with 3 of us crossing the finish line within several yards of one another....what a blast!! :D

BAJA-IT

Post by BAJA-IT »

Should be cold here right now but it's not. My truck showed 57 when I went to lunch. I was working on my baja in the driveway until 10:30 last night.
I'll have to watch your vids when i get home, can't see them here at work.
BRAT Motorsports #936
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

I finally got time to put up one of the videos from Al's this year. This is the single seater I bought last year. It's in the classifieds if anyone is interested. The video quality went down some with processing though...enjoy anyway.

Tom

fusername

Post by fusername »

what tires (size and tread) you runing on that single? I am trying to figure out if narrow front tires will help me steer in the dirt, or just stick with the easy to find 31x10.5
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

The fronts on this car are 205/75/15. They're a set of old blizzaks (almost NOS) that I grooved. They work fairly well. I usually run 215's in the rear so you have a reference.
If it's muddy I'll occ use 30 inch mud terrains on the rear.

Tom
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

This is a blast from the past.

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

It is starting to get hot here so I figured I would cool off some.

CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Leatherneck wrote:It is starting to get hot here so I figured I would cool off some.
You know if you had seen that stuff more than once or twice in your life you would learn to drive in it :lol:
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

Does a drag strip count as off road?

jwstevens

Dirt Road Blues from Idaho

Post by jwstevens »

Cool video I stumbled across while searching for Baja Bug in the Bellingham Wa Craigslist.

Don't know anything about the car or the guys, but dug the fun vibe of the video.
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

Here's a copy of the last race from last year. It was rainy, cold and very muddy. Probably removed over a hundred pounds of mud from the car between races. Speeds and car counts were down due to the weather. It may not look very fast but it was VERY difficult racing. 2 laps to go and my shift linkage left loose :x
Any way if you're bored, it'll give you something to do. I've got some other new video but need to find time to get them posted.

Tom