STF's One Step program

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

STF's One Step program

Post by Leatherneck »

This title was to boring so changed it to get you guys in here. There is some great info included, Have fun! ** For the new guys and those that lurk.**

We welcome new folks to spread their experience, ask some simple questions and banter with the crowd.

This is a loose-knit group of great guys with varying levels of skill, budget and experience... we're all learning --- we're all reporting. ... selling and trading parts is cool .. compared to some other Internet destinations, we do have folks from across the country...

It's our hope that you post often, benefit from the historical questions & answers etc. We want STF Off- Road to be your forum home. If you are lurking and/or a guest, please login and contribute

Welcome and please post often.
If you would fill out your user profile and post here also.

Click below

Who are you?
Why STF? Why are you here?
Off-Road rides
The story behind the name
Favorite spots.... Where do you Off-Road?
Posting pictures
we've seen your cars....lets put a face to it

PS... Guess we have to mention the some of the rules too...
1-Language choice... soften or eliminate swearing
2. No Flaming
3-Be constructive and positive
4-Have fun and joke around .
More freaking rules

We make every attempt to having you make edits to your own post... there is minimal use of editing your posts...

STF has a PM (Private Mail) feature, try to check it before you log off. You might have mail.
Last edited by Big Dave on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: new link added
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

its okay to drink a beer or two in here, isn't it?
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
scott the viking

Post by scott the viking »

bajaherbie wrote:its okay to drink a beer or two in here, isn't it?
As long as it doesn't lead into having fun.
Leatherneck

Re: FNG's and those that lurk.

Post by Leatherneck »

Leatherneck wrote:We welcome new folks to spread their experience, ask some simple questions and banter with the crowd.

This is a loose-knit group of great guys with varying levels of skill, budget and experience... we're all learning --- we're all reporting. ... selling and trading parts is cool .. compared to some other internet destinations, we do have folks from accross the country...

It's our hope that you post often, benefit from the historical questions & answers etc. We want STF Offroad to be your forum home. If you are lurking and/or a guest, please login and contribute

Welcome and please post often.
If you would fill out your user profile and post here also.

Click below
Who are you?
Off-Road rides

PS... Guess we have to mention the some of the rules too...
1-Language choice... soften or eliminate swearing
2. No Flaming
3-Be constructive and positive
4-Have fun and joke around .

We make every attempt to having you make edits to your own post... there is minimal use of editing your posts...

STF has a PM (Private Mail) feature, try to check it before you log off. You might have mail.
The atmosphere I would like the Off-Road forum to be like is the local Baja and buggy builders hang out, a place where you go in kick your feet up have a drink of whatever is in the fridge, talk to your friends about what you are doing, get some help or help out a fellow Off-Roader having some problems. You cracks some jokes and raz the guy who never buys beer but always takes the last one. But like anyplace you respect the rules of the guy who owns the place. That is what I vision when I step foot into the STF Off-Road Forum.
thrown_hammer

Post by thrown_hammer »

I don't drink beer.....There I said it. :!:
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Not everybody wants to or can, that is also why I said whatever is in the fridge. What matters is that you visit and often and help out where you can.
thrown_hammer

Post by thrown_hammer »

I thought "whatever is in the fridge" translated to...Bud...Miller...Coors...Heineken... :lol:
scott the viking

Post by scott the viking »

I keep whiskey in the freezer.
DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis »

Oh, so here you guys are. Its like you sent me in for a pack of cigarettes, and you drove off while I was inside the 7-11!

Actually, Skiddy gave me the word, so thought I'd stop in and say hi. We're off to Baja in the morning (without our buggy this year...damn). We'll have to borrow one of our friends' rails when we arrive.

Adios amigos!

De Minimis
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

DeMinimis, man that was funny, we thought you knew we didn't smoke :lol: Have missed your sence of humor and your multi-million dollar rail you are building or by now built. Either way when you get a chance let us know what you have been up to. Knowledge and a sence of humor, add one more to the guys in here, keeps getting better and better.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Frequently messages are received from folks who are considering converting a sedan, starting a rail or buying a completed baja.

Searching through archives can be quite challenging for our new pals. There are some "subtext" answers, lingo that is not used in other places and answers that are built upon others.

Baja Bugs & Buggies - Jeff Hibbard
This book is known as many different things... "the book... the bible.... bugs & buggies... the hibbard book" etc. This is old school how to. Some things are out of date... the basics of suspension etc are all in there.

How to Build a Dune Buggy - Earl Duty
If you're new to offroad (or VWs) this book is an easy read. The perspective is how to go to a swap meet, select parts and build a sand rail. Overall, it has the easiest "how to wire it" without a kit diagragm and instructions out there. If you're not good with schematics, this is the book for you.

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Bump, hope the new guys coming in get in on this. http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=105068 and also anybody who wants there ride put in the STICKIES just let me know.
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Hey guys. I lurk here because this is where my buddy Monte hangs out (Class11streeter)...you know. The guy from the goverment that's here to help?. Yeah, that dude.

I personally think that the guys on this board are brilliant when it comes to ideas, frabrication skills, and humor.

Keep it up!

Eddie (lurker).
Class 11 streeter

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Eddie Brown wrote:Eddie (lurker).
And future Baja bug owner/driver! :twisted:
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
mudman

Post by mudman »

bajaherbie wrote:its okay to drink a beer or two in here, isn't it?
WOW, I have been for year's.
Just keep it off of the keyboard, the wife will get upset ith you when she has to buy a new one... :roll:

Mike