Making progress...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
dustymojave

Re: Making progress...

Post by dustymojave »

Hey skid....
Gotta get with the program on Phototoilet.
8)

You're better off adding your pictures (800x 600 max) direct from your hard drive. I save files with the new size in the file name, then resize with Paint. Then open the "Reply" protocol so you see the tool bar above the text box to post. under the text box is a blue deal with 2 tabs. One says "Attachments". Use that tab to add the picture to your post.

That way the rest of us get to see the pics.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

resize rear view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

dustymojave wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm Hey skid....
Gotta get with the program on Phototoilet.
8)

You're better off adding your pictures (800x 600 max) direct from your hard drive. I save files with the new size in the file name, then resize with Paint. Then open the "Reply" protocol so you see the tool bar above the text box to post. under the text box is a blue deal with 2 tabs. One says "Attachments". Use that tab to add the picture to your post.

That way the rest of us get to see the pics.
Thanks, Dusty!!!

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

8)

Sure looks a lot like my neighborhood.
40239 179th E._01_B-800x.jpg
How big is your lot? Big enough for a shop in back to keep you out of the boss' way I presume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

It is on an acre of land. The goal is to build a 1200 sq/ft shop in the back yard, with plumbing. I don't want to run to the house every time I need to go to the bathroom, and I want a deep sink in the shop anyway. And yes, the shop will provide some separation. I will probably set up some type of intercom system so she doesn't have to come out to the shop to talk to me.

This is a shot of the back yard from the far corner of the lot. Plenty of elbow room!

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Cool.
I used to have an 1,800 square foot shop on 3/4 acre with a 1,740' home. The current home is 1,750' on just over 1/2 acre and I want my old shop back!

Spring will be fun keeping the weeds down. I have a little tractor that fits in the bed of my Ranger or Toyota pickup. That helps a lot. Our current place has no planted plants. Only natural (the image above shows 2 bushes in front of the house, but they died since that image was taken. It's actually EZ to keep weeded. It helps that we can collect and burn any weeds. Landscaping will come to you with time. You don't need lawns. That's for back east where there's lots of water. The whole deal is a bit different than living in the 'burbs. I prefer it by far.

My old friend diagonal across the street built a large shop in back and LA County said he couldn't put in any plumbing (I have doubts that the code said that, I think it was the Inspector being an #$^). After final Inspection, he and I dug a hole near the shop, put in a plastic 55 gallon removable head drum perforated with a drill, set in gravel with a short leach line, and plumbed to a toilet and laundry sink. He made a urinal out of a 5-gallon water bottle inverted with the side cut out. That was 25 years ago and the current owner says he's never had to get the little septic pumped.
Richard
Retired Fabricator
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

I just take a leak on the backside of my shop... nearest neighbors live in a cemetery (1/4 mile away). Also have to watch for the occasional airplane on approach to the municipal airport nearby.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Is that the Grimes Cemetery, or the city cemetery? My sweetheart (she's 5 years old) and her folks are leaving in the morning to go home to Altus.
Richard
Retired Fabricator
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

Restlawn cemetery just north of town about 1 mile. The City owns/operates it now but the main cemetery is in town, close to the air base.

Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

My property backs up to the field of an Elementary School. Outdoor urinating will NOT be happening!!!

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I grew up across the street from the city cemetery so I know most of the cemetery jokes (you know: every one is dying to get in, the most expensive real-estate prices in town, etc.) :roll: .
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

We would walk to the cemetery and get plastic flowers to give my mom for mothers day...

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

My old place backs up across the road from the elementary school. So that outdoor activity wasn't practical there either. I really don't know my friend's address in Altus, but they can't be more than a couple miles from you Herb. From next door to me to something like 1,400 miles away next to you. Like traveling 300 miles meeting up with the STF gang at Bodie in '16, some of whom had come nearly 1,000 miles, and we were a hop skip and a jump away from Skid's new place.The world can certainly be amazingly small at times.
Richard
Retired Fabricator
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Thirty two days left to retirement... but whose counting? :D :D :D

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

I'm not counting. It's been over 2 years since I retired Steve. :D
Richard
Retired Fabricator