Birdddogs '69 Baja and beam build

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
birddog1148

Birdddogs '69 Baja and beam build

Post by birddog1148 »

Sorry guys, i usually hang out on the samba. here are some links to my posts there.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=297062
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=303024
I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise, I'm a master-mind in the field of espionage!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

birddog1148, good to have you over here at The Off-Road forum, but have to tell you if I wanted to see stuff over at TOS is would go over there, so instead of some links how about some real stuff. I think we are worth the effort.
david58

Post by david58 »

birddog1148 Welcome to the dirt pile post some pics so we can see what you got.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

here some picks guys, will try to get more active here!
then Image
now
front beam went from this
To this
Got Ghia discs to go on and Empi red urathane bushing to go in next

Edit by Leatherneck for picture size which is best at 640 X 480
I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise, I'm a master-mind in the field of espionage!
perrib

Post by perrib »

Its looking good. If you raise the shock mounts a longer shock can be used to get some more travel. I can relate to the stick in the carb. A bowl drain plug came out of the drivers side 48 IDA carb at the sand drags a piece of a branch had to substitute for it.
Hedrock

Post by Hedrock »

Welcome to the STF. Glad to have you here. That's a heck of a repair you did on that beam :wink:
Collecting parts again... No I'm not going to say why!
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

Thanks, almost done, have that shock tower seams to weld and the other side to gusset, the rest of the parts coming soon. Found out you have to have your pullies covered in Ohio, friendly cop told me that today, didnt have my proof of ins or registration with me, NO TICKET! guess he just wanted a closer look at the car, said he hadnt seen one in a LONG time.
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

Looking good. Very original with those shock tower braces. 8)

Do you think you could re-size your photos though please? Those of us with small screens ( :oops: ) would appreciate it. You can do it though photobucket. and it makes scrolling through the thread a lot easier.

Welcome! 8)
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

Ok give me time to learn to resize pics, here is the front beam structuraly finished, what do ya'll think?Image

Edit by Leatherneck for picture size, correct size to use is 640 X 480.Notice no scrolling to see entire picture?
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

You have some monster welds there Birddog :D I would cap the bottom of the end braces. It for sure looks stout, no doubt about that.

In photobucket you can put 640 X 480 as your default upload size and for the pictures you have now just hit the edit button and resize to 640 X 480 and you won't have to change anything here it will automatically change the size here as well. Thanks for your effort and especially for posting pics of your baja and work.
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

Thanks Leatherneck, by the way I am ex Army Infantry and contruction equipment repairer, we still cool? :D :shock:
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

birddog1148 wrote:Thanks Leatherneck, by the way I am ex Army Infantry and contruction equipment repairer, we still cool? :D :shock:
We are cool bro, we are cool. Thanks for your service.
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

Thank you as well, I never went in harms way, first time we went to the middle east they didnt take me. Now they wont give my rank back. But if they come asking I am gone, God Bless The Red White and Blue!!!! and what it stands for!!!
birddog1148

Post by birddog1148 »

Ok yall, like I said I spend most of my time on the "other site" but trying to be more active here. Got a new Tri-mill bobtail exhaust coming to get rid of the crazy exhaust I have. All the parts to finish my front end rebuild are coming too. Dont laugh, bought JC Whitney ball joints and som cheep monrowe shocks, budget ran low. Did some work on the spare motor, all cosmetic. The car will be painted New Hollend yellow with a ford blue stripe and red stripe when done. Sorry for typos and rambeling beer got me tonite.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

i want to see more pics of the mini dirt late model racer.....

i've never seen one of those before.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.