Heads up, saw something for sale.

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
ALYKAT III

Re: Heads up, saw something for sale.

Post by ALYKAT III »

DesertGuy wrote:SOLD
For sure ? I'm thinkin' someone got a hell of a bargin !
JUSSUMGUY

Post by JUSSUMGUY »

As Ricko said, Congratulations and condolences. That was one he** of a nice build.
TimS

Post by TimS »

My fear would be that a day would come when I realized I wanted to drive it, but the opportunity had passed. Good luck in the future.ventures.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

So I have this really cool client that lives about a 100 miles east of me, but has a cabin on the river very near me. We are doing some extensive remodeling on his garage there and taking some small bites at it. The first time I met him (about a year ago) he had a big SCORE sticker on the side of his truck and a few decals that kinda had the look of a chase vehicle. We shook hands and I explained that we were going to be friends now just because :wink: As it turns out he races vintage Mexican road racing, and has a couple of cars.

Anyway, I received an email from him today that was simply titled "Recognize this?" The only thing in the email was a picture.......

No, we have never talked about this car and I really have no idea why he would think I know anything about this :lol: What I do know, is that I probably will get to see this car....and maybe if I am lucky :mrgreen:
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

CentralWAbaja wrote:
So I have this really cool client that lives about a 100 miles east of me, but has a cabin on the river very near me. We are doing some extensive remodeling on his garage there and taking some small bites at it. The first time I met him (about a year ago) he had a big SCORE sticker on the side of his truck and a few decals that kinda had the look of a chase vehicle. We shook hands and I explained that we were going to be friends now just because :wink: As it turns out he races vintage Mexican road racing, and has a couple of cars.

Anyway, I received an email from him today that was simply titled "Recognize this?" The only thing in the email was a picture.......

No, we have never talked about this car and I really have no idea why he would think I know anything about this :lol: What I do know, is that I probably will get to see this car....and maybe if I am lucky :mrgreen:
Hope you get lucky. :lol: :lol:
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

GTFO! Holy sheets!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Since I don't have garage space... yet I am posting this as what looks like a pretty good deal (it would take my Cologne V6 very well I think).

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5133680160.html

I have been watching it and it just came down a hundred bucks. Parts alone are worth that I think.

Lee
ALYKAT III

Post by ALYKAT III »

At $350 that is pretty much a steal. If that thing was within a 150 miles of me I'd already be on the way.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/snw/5169477842.html

A four seater. Olalla is between Bremerton and Tacoma.

Lee
Volksmeister

Post by Volksmeister »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/snw/5183018114.html

Seems like too much.... Someone might be able to low-ball and get some good parts!
I'm not who I am!
ajdenette

Post by ajdenette »

it looks like the orange buggy has a Vanagon 1.9 engine in it based on the appearance of the oil filler, intake runners, exhaust, and I belive a thermostat housing.
Alex

|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
Volksmeister

Post by Volksmeister »

^^^^ That's pretty cool.
I'm not who I am!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

CentralWAbaja wrote:

****update******

The email I received last night.....

Daron I lost all contacts on my phone.
I will be able to meet with you next week.
The car is going to Danzio this weekend.
Dyno tune race prep.
Racing Henderson 250, if it holds together will do the rage in Laughlin the next
week in Dec.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!