A-Arm front end - Very Happy A-Arm .com Customer

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Iguana

A-Arm front end - Very Happy A-Arm .com Customer

Post by Iguana »

Well after many years of reading these forums and many others I know how often people post about bad experiences and crappy products. I have bought my fair share of items that didn't fit and where not as advertised.

Anyway I am very happy to say that I have recently had the pleasure of dealing with Pete from A-Arm.com and after quite a bit of discussion and research I bought kit #20 with a few mods to suit my specific requirements.

Pete was great to deal with and shipped the product when he said for the cost he quoted me.

Anyway fast forward a month or so when it arrived ( I opted for sea freight) and I am a one very happy customer. As soon as I opened the box I couldn't stop grinning or get it bolted onto my buggy fast enough and bolt on is exactly what it did.

Had to grind a few small tabs off as per the instructions and then she bolted straight up, no issue, no hassle and it looks awesome.

The welds are top quality, the fit is awesome and I can not wait to get it back on wheels and finished so I can take it for a spin.

This is not a paid advertisement it is just one happy customer giving a big thumbs up to one great guy with a great product. If you are thinking of going A-Arm and don't want to fabricate your own, check out A-Arm.com you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again Pete I appreciate your effort, time and quality workmanship.

:D :D
david58

Post by david58 »

No pics of the install. :shock:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

david58 wrote:No pics of the install. :shock:
Nope :lol:

But there will be
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

Welcome to the club! I bought kit #13 from Pete last year. I even drove down and met him at his house to pick mine up.
Mine was a little bit special because I asked him to alter things a little bit to make use of FOA shocks instead of the more expensive Fox shoxs he normally uses. He even made new lower arms and sent then to me to improve the front travel. I couldn't be happier.
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

I have kit # 3 or #4 I think. I believe it was the first kit for the link pin.
I have seen some new mods to the kit from mine. What mod did he do to the lower arms for better travel?
The kit is great for sure! I have beat mine really hard.
www.BigMikesGunAndAmmo.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
vdubduner

Post by vdubduner »

how about some pics.
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

seabeebuggy wrote: What mod did he do to the lower arms for better travel?
He reworked the lower arms a little to work with the different stroke and length of the FOA shocks. Travel is limited by the tie rod ends to 12.5". I can see heims w/ high misalignment spacers being used in the future to increase travel :wink:
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

in the background of this pic is seabee's a-armed, turbo'ed, alcohol injected fiberglassed off-road assualt buggy..... sorry i don't have a better pic, some big 'ol hairy knuckle draggin' dale jr. fan is in the way.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
MOCRAWLER

Post by MOCRAWLER »

Jeeze crocodile dundee. Wheres the pics??? :shock: We want to see the finished product.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

bajaherbie wrote:Image

in the background of this pic is seabee's a-armed, turbo'ed, alcohol injected fiberglassed off-road assualt buggy..... sorry i don't have a better pic, some big 'ol hairy knuckle draggin' dale jr. fan is in the way.
Yes Brian, get out of the way!
ellobo

Post by ellobo »

WOW..... :D Thanks a lot Iguana...

I was trackinig that crate all the way to Australia to make sure you and I weren't getting screwed. I'm glad you're happy and if there is anything more. You can count on me.

Pete
rick.d.brown

Post by rick.d.brown »

I've gotta agree that Pete produces a great kit and is very good to deal with. I bought one and had it shipped to the UK with no problems at all :D

Iguana

Pics

Post by Iguana »

Here are some pics. Keep in mind that I am still very much in the build stage and just bolted the A-Arm on to make sure it would fit and work as expected.

You will notice I don't have stub axles I have mounting faces to bolt snubs too, this was a change I requested and Pete had no issues changing his design to support me.

artie8804

Re: A-Arm front end - Very Happy A-Arm .com Customer

Post by artie8804 »

I know that this post is a little old, but I have been researching this a-arm kit. Seems that the website no longer exists. Does anyone have a contact for this Pete guy? Is there another website that I can find this kit on? Thanks in advance.
Iguana

Re: A-Arm front end - Very Happy A-Arm .com Customer

Post by Iguana »

artie8804 wrote:I know that this post is a little old, but I have been researching this a-arm kit. Seems that the website no longer exists. Does anyone have a contact for this Pete guy? Is there another website that I can find this kit on? Thanks in advance.
A-Arm.com should be back up in the next few months and kits will again be available through the website once it is up.

In the mean time if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Although I have now moved to the USA funnily enough I have an A-Arm.com kit on my buggy over here as well.
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream