Lord Bajamungus build

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

Re: Lord Bajamungus build

Post by Leatherneck »

kyle_pc_75 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm Photophucket is over, none of the links work now, and I tried Imgur, but it doesn't work either lol. Anyway, today I got another bunch of odds and ends done. Seat mount (driver side only lol) is close, battery box and ground strap are in, redid the lower front shock mount spacers so they're not hitting the upper arms, installed the rear skid plate, installed the steering column (the steering wheel is not in the 12 o'clock position, just an annoyance), I guess that's it. It feels like I did so much more, dangit.
You did get a lot done and if you keep at it and keep posting your info here then one day, yes one day you will go " I am done, for now". But then you'll find more stuff to do. By the way get that steering wheel alliagment fixed. Going to drive you batty.
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

I took a couple of days off, but today I started the electrical. When I took the beast apart, I cut the harness at the front bulkhead. Everything from there back is salvageable, I just need to do all the underhood stuff. Not too bad. Since I didn't document the wiring, I had to trace everything, but I DID do an excellent job of using different color wire for each circuit, not to mention different gauges based on circuit load, so that went pretty quick. I had to spend about ten minutes noodling on how to wire the ignition, but I got that figured out, too. I think I can finish all the critical wiring by Friday night...basically everything to get it running, not so much turn signals and such.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

Turn signals? Where we're going, you won't need them.

I got mine fired up tonight. Thermostat and in line housing is supposed to get delivered tomorrow. Then I just have to figure out the OBD fusion app for my phone. I bought a cheap tablet for it but it is now broken, so I gotta deal with the phone dash for now.
TimS

Post by TimS »

Are you going to video your first startup? I'd watch it. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to vernal.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Around here, cops don't think that THEY need turn indicators. But they think the rest of us DO need 'em.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Progress progress progress! Good job man keep it up.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
BAJA-IT

Post by BAJA-IT »

Good to hear about the progress even if we can't see it.
BRAT Motorsports #936
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

If CWB can figure out how to. post pics you can too :P :P
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

I took the weekend off but really got started on the wiring today with the major circuits. Amazingly, my battery is dead after sitting for 5 1/2 years :roll: , and somehow I've lost or loaned out my battery charger.

Good news is PB is now randomly working again.

CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I have a different problem. After clearing out my garage of the pile of stuff that is the old school car I found a very fresh VW motor and 1 very expensive Die Hard Gold AGM (Rebadged Odyssey) battery that I have no real use for...we"ll see if it holds a charge for 5 years LOL
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Went through 6 batteries this weekend, no more talk of batteries please. Have fun with that wiring,
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

More wiring, but it's going well. I had to google VW brake switch wiring, stuff like that is slowing me down, but it's coming along. Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm in the middle of doing employee reviews right now, so that's pretty draining.
TimS

Post by TimS »

Keep up the good work, Kyle. Looking forward to getting some action shots of bajamungus in vernal.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

WOW both Kyle and Nate will have running cars at Vernal, I am sorry I won't be able to make it this year :cry: I will make it to Jackpot though :D

Ed
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

Spent all day fighting the cage and still can't get it to quite go together, even totally unbolted from the floorpan. Grrr.