Central WA Baja

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Central WA Baja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Singing "Rainbow in the Dark"
615201821556.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
petew

Post by petew »

Noice
jg210302

Post by jg210302 »

Looking good man!!!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Thanks! My hands shake more then they did when I was younger and even with glasses my 47year old eyes do not see the puddle like I want.

But it is fun to be getting some under the hood time.

This is the steering rack/ram mount. I did spend almost 2 days setting a mock-up plate with the rack bolted up to get the angle for best bumpsteer placement. 1/8" tow out overall at full bump and 3/16" toe out at droop. I decided that was good enough. And started in on the real mount.

I am getting the itch to drive The Queen again real bad.
BajaBug222

Post by BajaBug222 »

Sweet looking good. I think she is really to get out of her cage again.
turbobaja

Post by turbobaja »

Looking good over there buddy!!
Karl

DON'T QUIT
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

When are you going to scratch that itch?
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

turbobaja wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:00 pm Looking good over there buddy!!
Thanks man!
Leatherneck wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:11 pm When are you going to scratch that itch?
That's a good question.....I have goals but not sure I am going to acheave them.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

"No sign of the morning" ... What are teenagers gonna think when they see us in our 90s banging our heads and playing the air guitar licks to music like this?????....

I don't know if Lee does or ever did appreciate such music, but many of similar years and even more were hard core heavy metal people.

So I had to light it up. By this point I've moved on from Ronnie James Dio to Black Sabbath "Heaven and Hell".

Damn...My computer sound system needs a few hundred more watts for this.

And just yesterday I was listening to Judy Collins "Someday soon"... Think about it...She sang that on the same stage the same day as Jimi Hendrix did the National Anthem with his teeth on his guitar strings at Woodstock. All good sounds for raging offroad in a buggy or Baja or truck.

Is this rack mount getting attached to a new beam?
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

"I don't know if Lee does or ever did appreciate such music, but many of similar years and even more were hard core heavy metal people."

What the... :shock: . I played drums and helped get a couple of bands to the point to where they could find a good drummer (I was OK for elementary school marching band) marching but not for "hot licks" or "head banging". I knew my limitations/abilities/wants which is the reason I didn't continue on with a couple of them (did they go anywhere... I don't know). We've had a couple good bands that came out of our area.

I don't listen to music much anymore though I do appreciate a good talent.

Lee
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

dustymojave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:35 pm .........Is this rack mount getting attached to a new beam?
Yes sir it is....
629201874631.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Oops skipped a couple steps.....
629201874516.jpg
629201874655.jpg
BajaBug222

Post by BajaBug222 »

Sweet looking good. September is just around the corner.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Well since Jake's leaked these pics on social media...
792018215231.jpg
I guess it's fair to say that the R&D that I have been waiting for has made some big steps forward. I think the plan is for this set to be run at Vegas to Reno and then if that goes well he will go to production with them and I should have a set off the first run.

The uniball set up did not pan out well on the race card and has been abandoned. I believe in Jake and have just kept my silence, even though he has kept me in the loop through the development of these 2" hollow K&L spindles. He has been a total pro about it all. I have kept the uniball spindles for now so that I could continue to fab and mock up my front suspension. but I am ready for my real spindles to go on the car and start reassembly. Looking forward to these going the distance at V2R.
BajaBug222

Post by BajaBug222 »

Nice