Central WA Baja

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Central WA Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

"Doing OK Lee. I have an MRI on Nov 9th and they will decide then if we are doing surgery. They did release me from my hard plastic shell so my attitude is better LOL. Slowing me down more then I wanted but in reality as I get older I just keep healing slower and slower."

I hate to tell you this but healing isn't the only age related thing that gets slower and slower :evil: :roll: .

To paraphrase something I heard/saw the other day: "You have to be young and stupid in order to get old and wise" (assuming you live through your youth that is). I like the thought but I don't think that is true because I know a lot of people who didn't learn their lessons from their youth! :wink:

Keeping good thoughts for your recovery.

Lee
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Slowing me down more then I wanted but in reality as I get older I just keep healing slower and slower.
Aw...You're still a punk kid Daron. 8)

I learned from working for an attorney decades ago ( I was fabricating things to be used for exhibits) who represented a major car maker, then working in product safety engineering for a toy maker, that most liability lawsuits are filed by insurance companies, "on behalf of" their clients, often without the client's knowledge, because they don't want to pay out on insurance claims that they have contracted and taken money to cover. Funny part is that it's often another insurance company that pays the court settlement at the end. Raises insurance and product costs for all of us dramatically.

"You have to be young and stupid in order to get old and wise" means that everyone who has become old and wise has managed to survive being young and stupid in order to get to old and wise. But that truth does not guarantee that all who are young and stupid become old and wise. Not even all those who survive young and stupid. There are a great many old and stupid. Trust me...
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

B-wahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My point exactly! I know a lot of people who have lived and not learned and some that got too old and forgot :roll: :wink: :twisted: ).
Lee

My opinion is worth slightly less than what you paid for it.
madmitch

Post by madmitch »

😂😂😂
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Up for sale will be an ultra rare collection of 33x9.50 tires LOL

Yes I am going to step up to the 35" Baja T/A's and am selling off all of my 33" stuff. Some already gone but I have a lot of stuff left and will be heading to SoCal in the week or so. Laughlin race and then SD & LA areas. These will be getting listed shortly in various online avenues but I figured I would put it out here first.

BFG 33x9.50x 15 I have about a dozen of these in various condition but have sold the two sticker ones I have. But I have some with minimal use to some with more use and some that are pretty old and hard. I have one 33x9.50X15 mud T/A with 0 miles on it. 2 muds shaved mounted on method non beadlock wheels Prices vary call or text me at 5O9 two60 OO3zero

BFG baja tx 33x10.50X15 brand new stickers I have 2 of them $500 for the pair

BFG A/T 33x10.50x15 brand new stickers $250 for the pair

BFG Muds 33x10.50x15 that are on my car now 3000 miles and a little chunky but not bad $200 for the pair

I will have pics of all and will have ad running later today or tomorrow but here is the STF sneak peek
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
madmitch

Post by madmitch »

Hope to see you in laughlin. I should be there Thursday. Room is at Riverside Resort Hotel
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

madmitch wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm Hope to see you in laughlin. I should be there Thursday. Room is at Riverside Resort Hotel
I will look you up. I will be on the hunt for an extra pit pass and arm bands if you have any available. We will be hanging out in tech on Friday for sure. Let me know if you need anything. Shoot me a text seems you had a new number when you called me a few weeks ago.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

#bigfoot

Gonna look great on the 35's!

What width? How much more do they weigh? What is your favorite salad dressing?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

They call it a 35x10.50 herbie. The weight is surprisingly light. And blue cheese if you must know
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm They call it a 35x10.50 herbie. The weight is surprisingly light. And blue cheese if you must know
Dood! :shock: :wink: :lol:
BAJA-IT

Post by BAJA-IT »

Let me know if you have any left overs, I might get another set.
BRAT Motorsports #936
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

BAJA-IT wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm Let me know if you have any left overs, I might get another set.
Everything is sold accept the BAJA TA's
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Daron - how is the back doing? I take it no surgery was required?
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Skidmark wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:19 pm Daron - how is the back doing? I take it no surgery was required?
My MRI came back clean and no surgery required. Doc called me a fat kid in a way I had never been called before. He told me to hit the gym and said in my "Deconditioned state" my recovery might take longer then others. :oops: I was like Damn Doc that's a new term to me. And well I have been a fat guy my whole life. Heck I am down 12lbs since getting hurt but I will never be a twig like yourself. He laughed and said to come back and see him in a year. :lol:

When I got hurt I immediately set a goal of being able to work on my car by Thanksgiving weekend. As I type this I am in the truck on day 1 of a 14day road trip. My car is stripped of everything accept the rear trailing arms and electrical thanks to a long Thanksgiving weekend. So mission accomplished there and goal met. Big upgrades in the works for the car and I will update when I have pics of all the new goodies.

Honestly I have started my day with an hour in the gym for about 8 weeks in a row. (6 days a week) started with physical therapy and has worked into the routine now. Hopefully this road trip does not kill that momentum. Lol it is crazy I started with 5 min on a tread mill and some specific stretching and balance exercise. Now I do about a mile or so at a pretty fast pace and 4 miles on a bike, along with 20 min of specific back targeted weight training. Most of this stuff is pretty light weight with a lot of reps.

My daily activity is still not where it was yet, and I actually hurt pretty good at the end of each day. Mostly feels like I ran a shovel for 10hrs straight. So that kinda is a bummer but in reality, I am 46 not 26.....and I am Deconditioned! Lol

So basically I am doing pretty good but I do think I may be living with back pain, maybe the rest of my life. We'll see?

Thanks for asking Skid!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Don't grow old... it's a trap!!
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...